2014 AFL Season - Spoilers Inside

I was really surprised by Brent Harvey's omission actually - thought that he may have beaten Ballantyne to a forward flank position or at least commanded a bench spot.

I was really surprised by Brent Harvey's omission actually - thought that he may have beaten Ballantyne to a forward flank position or at least commanded a bench spot.
Agree with that too - Harvey for Ballantyne, also Jacobs for Sandilands.

No Sam Jacobs?
Twice he has been overlooked.
However quite happy for talia and smith to be all Australians for the first time is great hopefully the first of many for both

Brenton Sanderson has been sacked by the Adelaide Crows, with two years still to run on his contract. Extremely surprised, they are generally a club that sticks with people for an inordinate amount of time!

Voss
Thompson
Goodwin
Dew
Are the bunch most likely to become the new adelaide coach.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they went outside the box.
Finally the club is doing things differently which is what I've been wanting for a long time.

On another note Johann Wagner has won the recruit and has signed a category b rookie contract on Port Adelaides list.

Sando's might not be the first. McKenna is facing his board review in the coming days, on the back of recent press revealing a mid-season feud between him and Harbrow, coupled with their insipid performances once they lost Ablett.

And there's rumours of discontent amongst senior players at the Bulldogs after some tough end-of-year assessments from McCartney.

Voss
Thompson
Goodwin
Dew
Are the bunch most likely to become the new adelaide coach.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they went outside the box.
Finally the club is doing things differently which is what I've been wanting for a long time.

Would love to see Bomber stay in a senior role, but the hot tip is Goodwin.

Looks like Goodwin has a choice to make Melbourne has offered a 5 year deal to take over from Roos, Adelaide will probably offer 3 years

Hmmm....A team that should be in September action for next 3 years or a team that is 5 years away from September action.

Wise move - he is on a hiding to nothing at Melbourne and will be given plenty of time, whereas I reckon untried coaches would be reluctant to take the Adelaide job.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Gold Coast too - people say that Bomber Thompson will take the job if Guy McKenna goes but of course Bomber and Gary Ablett had a publicised falling out during their final year at Geelong.

Goodwin was already settled in Melbourne having just purchased property around the Essendon area, so I didn't think he would return back to Adelaide anytime soon. Best wishes and good luck to him!

I think Bomber will stay in Melbourne, I don't think being a senior coach is in his interests, as he only took on the Essendon job this year because the club was f*cked.

Goodwin was already settled in Melbourne having just purchased property around the Essendon area, so I didn't think he would return back to Adelaide anytime soon. Best wishes and good luck to him!

I think Bomber will stay in Melbourne, I don't think being a senior coach is in his interests, as he only took on the Essendon job this year because the club was f*cked.

Accurate summation, that! :)

It is sad isn't it when the off-field dramas trump the on-field highlights?

I'm sick of everyone bagging Ballantyne. It seems everyone is forgetting that the all-AUS team has to take on Ireland come November. Hayden will be perfectly suited to that role and as the Irish's defence is traditionally small, we need to preoccupy them with a small.

Future for Dayle Garlett gets bleaker

Garlett has been charged with aggravated burglary, stealing and stealing a motor vehicle. He was remanded in custody when he appeared in Midland Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
Garlett is accused of driving a stolen car to a Greenmount house between Friday and Sunday when the residents were away, breaking in and stealing electrical goods and clothing.
He was also charged with breach of bail, over allegations he failed to appear in court on other charges.

I'm sick of everyone bagging Ballantyne. It seems everyone is forgetting that the all-AUS team has to take on Ireland come November. Hayden will be perfectly suited to that role and as the Irish's defence is traditionally small, we need to preoccupy them with a small.
The All Australian team isn't selected to take on Ireland, you have to have been an All Australian at some point in your career to play them this year. The All Australian team represents the beys players from the season, and in my and lots of other's opinions he didn't deserve a spot.

Justice Middleton has dismissed Essendon FC & James Hird's application.

EFC & Hird have 21 days to lodge an appeal, which Channel Nine believe they will. EFC are expect to speak at some stage this afternoon.

At this stage, the Show Cause notices stand and the 34 Essendon players have two weeks to respond to them.

This will go on and on and on...appeal, appeal, appeal :-(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom