2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

I don't recall disputing that we are far from being any good at present. Nor am I living in the past. As a proud united supporter I am all too aware of how poor we have been. Yeah by all means enjoy our poor form as obviously you have more interest in that than your own club..if you have one as you seem to hide behind the crest of a non EPL team!

If I could just poke my head up for five minutes without having it blown off by either of you....... :)

I think that Man United's future success hinges on the old "stick and pick" theory. A lot of clubs go nuts regarding the turn-over of managers and Sir Alex himself was oh-so-close to being removed early in his tenure.

I liken it to my AFL team, Hawthorn. I wanted Al Clarkson gone after two seasons but his record now ensures that he will be revered forever at the club. Hopefully Van Gaal will be given his chance to put his own fingerprint on United.

Though it pains me to say it as a Liverpool fan, the EPL needs a strong United team.

I don't recall disputing that we are far from being any good at present. Nor am I living in the past. As a proud united supporter I am all too aware of how poor we have been. Yeah by all means enjoy our poor form as obviously you have more interest in that than your own club..if you have one as you seem to hide behind the crest of a non EPL team!

sorry if i came off as having a go. i actually agreed with pretty much everything you said...apart from peoples right to enjoy united not being no.1 for a bit. its not as tho they wont bounce back...?
i 'hide' behind a non-epl team because im not english. i have no real vested interest in who wins the league. theres no passion involved for me towards english teams.
im a west ham fan because i spent a couple of years in east london, but overall i watch the epl for enjoyment, not because my heart is in it.
bundesliga is a different story...

No harm done at all lads. As I say I love my club win lose or draw. It hurts to go through bad times but it must happen. It's if and how you come back from it that defines us.

No harm done at all lads. As I say I love my club win lose or draw. It hurts to go through bad times but it must happen. It's if and how you come back from it that defines us.

me too. just happens they play in a different league.
peeps have been down on united since forever, but they would always win so it didnt really bother the fans. now we're all having a go at legitimate flaws and most (again, not you) fans just cant hack it.
you seem alright (at least logical/realistic), but i know quite a few united supporters who just defend everything done by the club...two who use to frequent these boards on a very regular basis.

off topic: nice to see you coming round again LJ.

Last edited:

I'll tell u what it's like to be shit - you get 3 goes at a trophy every year, realistically two cos you're not gonna win the league, so it's down to the FA Cup and the League Cup. When you're out of that, your season is pretty much finished....

I remember the 93-94 season when City ACTUALLY made the quarterfinals of the FA Cup! Got a plum home draw against Spurs and after much huffing and puffing and dreams of Wembley....we got blasted 4-1. Laughably the 1 was a goal of the season candidate - length of the field run by Terry Phelan after the score was 4-0 to Spurs...it was laughable. Too much for the fans, cue rioting....

I'll tell u what it's like to be s*** - you get 3 goes at a trophy every year, realistically two cos you're not gonna win the league, so it's down to the FA Cup and the League Cup. When you're out of that, your season is pretty much finished....

I remember the 93-94 season when City ACTUALLY made the quarterfinals of the FA Cup! Got a plum home draw against Spurs and after much huffing and puffing and dreams of Wembley....we got blasted 4-1. Laughably the 1 was a goal of the season candidate - length of the field run by Terry Phelan after the score was 4-0 to Spurs...it was laughable. Too much for the fans, cue rioting....

or if youre really sh!t you get relegated to 3rd div... :p
'maine road as it was then, cockneys with fear in their eyes, looking for black cabs in moss side. proper football. you know, total football.'

or if youre really sh!t you get relegated to 3rd div... :p
'maine road as it was then, cockneys with fear in their eyes, looking for black cabs in moss side. proper football. you know, total football.'
Haha! Yep....the bad old days. My sig recognises the lowest City got in Division 2, losing away at York City. Not my ticket of course! The same season United won the Champions league!

Bldy hell! Some shocking refereeing but to their credit, Leicester took advantage and played amazingly well.
Well deserved win and hats off to them. Barring the stench of the final score and our p!ss weak defense, it was a brilliant game to watch. Must have been an absolute treat for the neutrals.
Hoping for a similar match when the 2 blue scums kick off next.

Last edited:
Bldy hell! Some shocking refereeing but to their credit, Leicester took advantage and played amazingly well.
Well deserved win and hats off to them. Barring the stench of the final score and our p!ss weak defense, it was a brilliant game to watch. Must have been an absolute treat for the neutrals.
Hoping for a similar match when the 2 blue scums kick off next.

Yep, looking forward to seeing the highlights....

1-3 to 5-3......Jones broken, Evans broken, Blackett straight red....you think United might bring back the rarely used 1-2-7 formation?? ;-) Haha!

City v Chelsea - think a draw was fair. Great to see Mangala as man of the match in his debut. Not easy finding good defenders these days. You certainly have to pay for them.

Crazy start to the season. Generally speaking I'm happy with City's start. 5 points off the lead after having played Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool, as well as an away game at Bayern. They get a pass mark. Shame about the loss to Stoke but ces't la vie.

United and Liverpool a bit slow out of the blocks. Arsenal not looking that impressive but still in 4th. Great starts from Villa, Saints and Leicester. Newcastle and QPR look awful.

Yep, looking forward to seeing the highlights....

1-3 to 5-3......Jones broken, Evans broken, Blackett straight red....you think United might bring back the rarely used 1-2-7 formation?? ;-) Haha!

City v Chelsea - think a draw was fair. Great to see Mangala as man of the match in his debut. Not easy finding good defenders these days. You certainly have to pay for them.

i thought milner got MoM? he had a great game. lampard now holds the record for most epl clubs scored against. chelsea being th 39th...
hammers beating the scousers was pretty sweet aswell. couple of nice goals. sterlings was the pick of them i guess.
wasnt going to watch the united match, but got swayed by the idea of di maria. hes nice to watch. what a great game. cant believe they let in 5. got up to answer the door and missed two goals...

ByEBho-CAAEERi9.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Mario, he coped a fair bit for that Tweet. Great to see MP having a crack at the special one for his defensive tactics.

i thought milner got MoM? he had a great game. lampard now holds the record for most epl clubs scored against. chelsea being th 39th...
hammers beating the scousers was pretty sweet aswell. couple of nice goals. sterlings was the pick of them i guess.
wasnt going to watch the united match, but got swayed by the idea of di maria. hes nice to watch. what a great game. cant believe they let in 5. got up to answer the door and missed two goals...

ByEBho-CAAEERi9.jpg
City announcer at the ground gave it to Mangala. Heard Milner was excellent, only saw the last 30 (all the action)

Mario loves a stir!

And yes Pellegrini has a go at the tactics. Mourinho immediately disrespects him by calling him Pellegrino, twice. Schoolboy stuff.

3pts... No thanks to De Gea going into no mans land and gifting a goal and Wazza's brain fart and red card. However, a better result against a better team than we threw away 3pts against Leicester. Herrera injured n Falcao looked a bit dodgy as well. Well done to young McNair making a solid debut. Another 3 pts for the Smurfs of Scumford Bridge... the engraver must be up to C H on the league trophy

3pts... No thanks to De Gea going into no mans land and gifting a goal and Wazza's brain fart and red card. However, a better result against a better team than we threw away 3pts against Leicester. Herrera injured n Falcao looked a bit dodgy as well. Well done to young McNair making a solid debut. Another 3 pts for the Smurfs of Scumford Bridge... the engraver must be up to C H on the league trophy
He'll have plenty of acid to burn the letters off again, had to use it last year to get rid of L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L!!!

Never seen such a season where so many have already given the league up to a team so early.

Rooney WTF! Not what you want from your captain. (Red card when 2-1 up) really had to battle for the win the last half hour when it should of been cruise control.

Chelski with D.Costa in the team = premier league champs. Maybe even C/L champs.

Back
Top Bottom