Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
Obviously 'on card' are the preference, but of the two alternatives I was wondering what forum members cared for the least?

Ones that are rushed, lol.

Stickers naturally suck, but they have their purpose in life regardless of how much we rip on them, they're going to exist.

Cut sigs come from articles/items which were signed for one reason or another and were NOT intended to be inserted into a card, so they're going to LOOK shitty at times.

Both are terrible on/in cards.
I can live with cut signs of old school guys that aren't around to sign cards anymore, not so much when they use autos of people who are still here with us and can physically pick up a pen.

Stickers, I have no time for whatsoever. They are an absolute disgrace. I honestly can not believe we are seeing sticker autos in products such as NT, Immaculate.

Both are terrible on/in cards.
I can live with cut signs of old school guys that aren't around to sign cards anymore, not so much when they use autos of people who are still here with us and can physically pick up a pen.

Stickers, I have no time for whatsoever. They are an absolute disgrace. I honestly can not believe we are seeing sticker autos in products such as NT, Immaculate.

And old ones at that!!!

Can someone provide an example of a 'cut' signature?

Cut signatures started mostly from celebrities (ex Presidents, Elvis and other deceased famous people) and quickly moved to sports stars such as HOF Baseballer Babe Ruth.
Basically any old letters, cheques, and straight up pieces of paper which contained these people's autographs were bought up from auctions so companies like Upper Deck, Leaf, Panini etc could insert those autographs into a card as a cut signature.

Here's a whole list of ebay listings for Babe Ruth;
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...re.TRS5&_nkw=babe+ruth+cut+signature&_sacat=0

Cut signatures started mostly from celebrities (ex Presidents, Elvis and other deceased famous people) and quickly moved to sports stars such as HOF Baseballer Babe Ruth.
Basically any old letters, cheques, and straight up pieces of paper which contained these people's autographs were bought up from auctions so companies like Upper Deck, Leaf, Panini etc could insert those autographs into a card as a cut signature.

Here's a whole list of ebay listings for Babe Ruth;
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC2.A0.H0.Xbabe ruth cut signature.TRS5&_nkw=babe ruth cut signature&_sacat=0

That doesn't sound like a product I'd want to buy...

Personally, I would much have the unaltered original piece of memorabilia rather than cut it and use it for a card. I think that's a waste.

Personally, I would much have the unaltered original piece of memorabilia rather than cut it and use it for a card. I think that's a waste.

Yep, agreed. Although some might consider them more "authentic" being in a reputable card product, as opposed to someone trying to sell a piece of paper with an autograph on it.

Back
Top Bottom