2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

BwfGwfRIEAEQJnT.jpg

Better than nothing.

ben arfa to hull. done. interesting move.
kranjkar to QPR. done. loan. he was quality a few years ago. seems to be QPR's trademark.
negredo to valencia. done. loan with option to buy for 30mill.
falcao loan completed aswell. still not sure what hes got against chmps league football? thisll be his 3rd year missing out.
and obviously, as above, welbeck to the gunners. nothing fancy, but wenger's done miracles with players before i guess...fingers crossed.

ben arfa to hull. done. interesting move.
kranjkar to QPR. done. loan. he was quality a few years ago. seems to be QPR's trademark.
negredo to valencia. done. loan with option to buy for 30mill.
falcao loan completed aswell. still not sure what hes got against chmps league football? thisll be his 3rd year missing out.
and obviously, as above, welbeck to the gunners. nothing fancy, but wenger's done miracles with players before i guess...fingers crossed.
I reckon Danny will do well at Arsenal. Was a shame he didn't get better opportunities with us. Hope he gets a better chance in London

Madness in the transfer window! Big teams are stacked now.....be interesting to see how all the new players at Utd gel.

City now have Arse away, Bayern Munich and then Chelsea at home.....phew!

liverpool go down @ anfield. theyll struggle this season i think.
united finally gel...somewhat anyway. and against QPR.
costa by far the pick of the new fellas. chelsea are still my pick.
and rooney ties henry's total epl goal record. only took him an extra 100+ games. not sure why you would try and compare the two but? henry was on a completely other level...

Louis Van Gaal should become the boss of Alfreton, a non league side in the Conference who have NEVER gone in the Football League. They are probably gonna fare better then United, and the last time I checked, they were in the Relegation Zone.

you certainly go for the extremes. arsenal quadruple and united getting relegated...

Haha! Not bad Mak.
I know plenty of Utd mates who were VERY excited over their preseason, ready to crown themselves champs etc. Must say they didn't get too excited over the QPR win.

the united fans i know wouldnt shut-up after the win. we're back, blah blah blah. but they shouldve learnt from last season. everytime theyd get a win it was the start of the turn-around...but it never actually turned around for them.
i will say they played the nicest ive seen them in quite a while...still think theyll struggle for top4 tho.

the united fans i know wouldnt shut-up after the win. we're back, blah blah blah. but they shouldve learnt from last season. everytime theyd get a win it was the start of the turn-around...but it never actually turned around for them.
i will say they played the nicest ive seen them in quite a while...still think theyll struggle for top4 tho.

It'll be City, Chelsea, Arsenal in whatever order (currently Chelsea, City, Arsenal on form). Liverpool look worse than I thought, so that 4th spot is up for grabs. Everton might even nick it but united, 'pool or Everton for 4th...

It'll be City, Chelsea, Arsenal in whatever order (currently Chelsea, City, Arsenal on form). Liverpool look worse than I thought, so that 4th spot is up for grabs. Everton might even nick it but united, 'pool or Everton for 4th...

Thought City's focus for this year was CL? Do you believe you have the quality to win it?

The way Chelsea are playing, you might as well give it to them lol, I guess it will be their to lose. I know it's ealry days but they look very strong.

Thought City's focus for this year was CL? Do you believe you have the quality to win it?

The way Chelsea are playing, you might as well give it to them lol, I guess it will be their to lose. I know it's ealry days but they look very strong.
Not that I've heard. MP has made the league top priority and is hoping for UCL progress. They've been given the toughest group possible with the 3rd and 4th ranked teams being CSKA Moscow and Roma. Not exactly cruisy away trips.
And then the draw has given them the hardest and arguably the most important game in their group vs Bayern Munich away between games against Arsenal and Chelsea. Make of this what you will. In my eyes the draw sucks big time and City's luck with UCL draws and groups is laughably poor.
It'll be very difficult for them to win tomorrow and also win against Chelsea which even at this early stage is shaping up to be a very important game. This could mean they come 2nd again in their group behind Bayern and a likely bellringer of a last 16 tie like Barcelona or whatever yet again! Here's hoping this doesn't happen!

they should turn the UCL into a 20-25 game league...no knockouts.
if any manager puts the league 2nd even to UCL theyre not thinking right. league should always be no.1 priority...

Lol. Everyone has some balls all of a sudden!
Yup we played ok against qpr but its only qpr. I agree with the sole comment about most utd fans not jumping for joy! 1 game does not make up for the last 15 months! Top 4 ? No chance, well I would like to be proven wrong but doubt it! Top 6? maybe.. and thats a huge maybe. City to win the league? No! Not this year. Chelsea for a double of some description? Maybe. And it makes me taste my own vomit to say that! I do find amusement in the majority of supporters relishing in our slapstick comedy brand of football since last season but to be fair most of you have been waiting 20 years to have something to say, so I guess now you have guts to say it! Enjoy it, as we have for 2 decades. If you start thinking that your team is going to start a reign, have a look at our and Liverpools trophy cabinets before you start getting too mouthy!! Anyway, happy for all fans that we pretty much all have something to look forward to this season one way or the other. Good luck to your respective teams. Carry on with the United bashing, we will win at least 3 more matches this season (injury permitting) lol - just to prove I can take a joke!

Lol. Everyone has some balls all of a sudden!
Yup we played ok against qpr but its only qpr. I agree with the sole comment about most utd fans not jumping for joy! 1 game does not make up for the last 15 months! Top 4 ? No chance, well I would like to be proven wrong but doubt it! Top 6? maybe.. and thats a huge maybe. City to win the league? No! Not this year. Chelsea for a double of some description? Maybe. And it makes me taste my own vomit to say that! I do find amusement in the majority of supporters relishing in our slapstick comedy brand of football since last season but to be fair most of you have been waiting 20 years to have something to say, so I guess now you have guts to say it! Enjoy it, as we have for 2 decades. If you start thinking that your team is going to start a reign, have a look at our and Liverpools trophy cabinets before you start getting too mouthy!! Anyway, happy for all fans that we pretty much all have something to look forward to this season one way or the other. Good luck to your respective teams. Carry on with the United bashing, we will win at least 3 more matches this season (injury permitting) lol - just to prove I can take a joke!

Dunno about having some balls. We've been here year after year talking about the league, and that includes recent years when United were winning it. So don't think we've sprung up outa the woodwork now Utd are a below par cos that's not the case. Go and have a look at the EPL threads for previous seasons. It may just be that you haven't been around during this time.

Nice little dig about the trophy cabinets too, however what Utd and Liverpool have won over the last 20 years has no relevance to whether City or Chelsea or whoever are going to be doing in the future.

Well it is relevant, once other teams have achieved similar success only then will it be comparable and justifiable for their supporters to start shooting their mouths off. When I started supporting united back in the 80's we were winning nothing so I am no glory hunting, band wagon jumping supporter. I have read these threads for a few years however I don't normally comment. I just found some of the above too amusing not to jump in.
Anyways, facts are what they are. Our reign has come to an end as Liverpools did. That is why I respect their club and fan base as they are loyal regardless of position. Much like supporters of smaller clubs. Just funny that there are a lot of vocal Chelsea and city supporters in recent times. City fans especially!

give us a break. ive waited 20 years for this...
i think the fact that theyre disappointing right now is reason enough to be able to shoot our mouths off. im not claiming city or chelsea are a bigger club than united historically. just that united are pretty ordinary at the minute. pointing out their flaws as of now, and not dwelling on the achievements theyve previously accomplished. plus, some of the fans just ask for it. claiming every transfer a masterstroke or every win proof of being title contenders (not you obviously). i mean most thought getting moyes in was the best idea...
i think its fair to put them down for the time being as theyve not really coped well with the transition. you cant live in the past...just ask liverpool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom