2 more Guardians of the Galaxy

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Grabbed two more boxes of GOTG. From the 3 boxes I nearly have one complete base set (without the SP's), just missing one card now! :mad:

First box which I busted:
Purple #27 (#d 22/25)
Cosmic Strings Dual Star-Lord & Ronan (got this one in my first box too :()
Cosmic Strings Jumbo Gamora
Gamora by Allen Geneta? (Initials as AG on the back) Character Sketch

Second box which my son busted:
Cosmic Strings Dual Star-Lord & Nova Prime
Cosmic Strings Jumbo Rhomann Dey
Cosmic Strings Trio Star-Lord & Ronan & Rocket
Gamora by Freddy Lopez (all 3 boxes have produced a Gamora sketch now!)

And this Thanos by Wilton Santos box topper sketch...

Nice! Good to get the box topper too! I have 2 boxes coming...would have been 3 but the price has gone up a fair bit lately...hope to get a nice sketch or two.

that thanos is awesome,

what card are you missing? i can check through my doubles and see if i got one spare,

And yeah i cant beleive they put the price up on the boxes either it stopped me from buying another one. (have one box coming still)

Cool hits, the Thanos sketch looks awesome.

The scan does not do it justice to be honest. Looks even better in person!

Nice! Good to get the box topper too! I have 2 boxes coming...would have been 3 but the price has gone up a fair bit lately...hope to get a nice sketch or two.

I was lucky and nabbed these when the boxes were still around $90 each just after the first lot of cases sold out on DA. They are a fun break, but the price is starting to creep up just a little more.

that thanos is awesome,

what card are you missing? i can check through my doubles and see if i got one spare,

And yeah i cant beleive they put the price up on the boxes either it stopped me from buying another one. (have one box coming still)

Thanks mate, will have a look when I get home, but from memory I think it was #39. I have got a heap of doubles if you need more base for your set too.

I was lucky and nabbed these when the boxes were still around $90 each just after the first lot of cases sold out on DA. They are a fun break, but the price is starting to creep up just a little more.

It surprises me how the prices go up rapidly, but you'd expect them to drop back down again as interest in the product/movie wanes...doesn't seem to happen though. Cap America Winter Soldier has been out for ages but it's price hasn't budged from $92. And thor DW has just continued to climb, but no one seems to be breaking it on ebay...maybe it's just that they have the last stock or something so figure they can ask that price. Only prob is it's probably not going to sell, but if the price was more reasonable it might....

It surprises me how the prices go up rapidly, but you'd expect them to drop back down again as interest in the product/movie wanes...doesn't seem to happen though. Cap America Winter Soldier has been out for ages but it's price hasn't budged from $92. And thor DW has just continued to climb, but no one seems to be breaking it on ebay...maybe it's just that they have the last stock or something so figure they can ask that price. Only prob is it's probably not going to sell, but if the price was more reasonable it might....

Yeah makes no sense! I am guessing maybe the Winter Soldier and Thor DW may be sitting tight because there is no more available at the Distributors? But as you say you don't see a lot of new stuff added for those releases on ebay. I think with the GOTG movie being so huge and showcasing new characters that never tended to get featured too much in previous releases, this may be why it has continued to grow. Probably helps that the movie features a very popular male star right now in Chris Pratt and two stunning females in Saldana and Gillan!!

never seen these before, the sketch cards look fantastic!

Yeah there are a lot of very nice sketches coming out of this set. I'm not a huge fan of the Lopez though...

The prices on cap and thor have stopped me buying more, and if Gotg keeps going up it may just be easier to get singles off ebay its good seeing the popularity for them but hard to spend the $$ on them too.

also a shame no one has hit an auto yet!! (hopfully you have some luck when you get yours AusRam!!)

The prices on cap and thor have stopped me buying more, and if Gotg keeps going up it may just be easier to get singles off ebay its good seeing the popularity for them but hard to spend the $$ on them too.

also a shame no one has hit an auto yet!! (hopfully you have some luck when you get yours AusRam!!)

Thanks, I have 2 Caps and 2 GOTG coming.....and I also weakened and went a Premier while it was a little cheaper...fingers crossed on that one, the quality of sketches seems to vary greatly!

Wouldn't mind a Saldana auto from the GOTG, but can't say too many of the auto's appeal to me to be honest.

Thor DW was a great set and was pretty good to me, but I just can't justify the current price. Would probably have another go were it down in the 80's somewhere...

Thanks, I have 2 Caps and 2 GOTG coming.....and I also weakened and went a Premier while it was a little cheaper...fingers crossed on that one, the quality of sketches seems to vary greatly!

Wouldn't mind a Saldana auto from the GOTG, but can't say too many of the auto's appeal to me to be honest.

Thor DW was a great set and was pretty good to me, but I just can't justify the current price. Would probably have another go were it down in the 80's somewhere...

yeah i must admit i have liked alot of the premier stuff i have seen but i cant justify the price myself i know its high end but some of the other inserts seem poor for the amount of money you pay...

I dont blame you it looks unfinished..

Not sure that Lopez was ever really finished by the looks...artists might have been pressed for time or something..

Yes, it definitely does. At least getting a box topper sketch made up for it!

I was hoping to land me a Saldana auto, but no such luck. I also wouldn't mind a Gillan auto either, although her signature is not the best looking. Good luck with the breaks, especially the Premier! I have been on the lookout for some Marvel Premier sketches myself. Got a really nice one incoming with my next COMC batch.

Back
Top Bottom