2014 FIBA world cup SPAIN *Official Thread*

2014 - broken ribs in nba play
2013 - back issues
2012 - broken ankle as a boomer, later had surgery & missed NBA time
2010 - broken arm & dislocated elbow on "that" dunk

It's all a coincidence. These are some pretty serious injuries and the boomers don't have critical games every nba offseason either. Add to that the nba lockout and issues with him not being able to get insurance by the NBL on his contract and I think he's about as patriotic as any other Australian professional athlete.

Last edited:
Good big win by AUS last night vs Korea

USA were down 5 to Turkey at the half but have now turned it around and lead by 25. Faried and Davis killing it.

OMG, the look on Team USA's faces when NZ was performing the Hakka was hilarious!!! haha

And what's up with Baynes acting the fool during the LTU game.. This guys forgets he is representing more than just himself out there.

He was looking like a scolded child for most of the second half scowling and complaining about every call.

Considering how good Lithuania is, it was an impressive performance by the boys, should be able to finish 2nd in the group still if we win the rest of our games.

Wow, caught up a little bit.

Great win by Aus against Lithuania.

Also, really impressed with how the Americans watched and respected the haka. Can't believe the Turks turned their backs and walked off, but hey, even the Aussie Rugby team tried that one time, what a shame the kiwis didn't pull off the upset. Only 3 points.

Looking forward to seeing if anybody can unsettle the Yanks.

Wow, caught up a little bit.

Great win by Aus against Lithuania.

Also, really impressed with how the Americans watched and respected the haka. Can't believe the Turks turned their backs and walked off, but hey, even the Aussie Rugby team tried that one time, what a shame the kiwis didn't pull off the upset. Only 3 points.

Looking forward to seeing if anybody can unsettle the Yanks.
I'm backing spain to take USA down.

If New Zealand practiced basketball as much as they practiced getting the dance right
Maybe they could win a few more games, when I was watching the dance it reminded me of a drag race between a ford and a farrari, the ford was reving it's engine pre race like it was all the shit then when the race started the farrari was finished and the ford had hardly moved, As my nan used to say, you can paint a turd to look all nice and pretty, but it's still a turd lmao

If New Zealand practiced basketball as much as they practiced getting the dance right
Maybe they could win a few more games, when I was watching the dance it reminded me of a drag race between a ford and a farrari, the ford was reving it's engine pre race like it was all the s*** then when the race started the farrari was finished and the ford had hardly moved, As my nan used to say, you can paint a turd to look all nice and pretty, but it's still a turd lmao

The haka is not just a dance, it's a tribute to their heritage. It's kinda disrespectful and disappointing to hear it spoken about like that. It's a sign of respect should you have it done to you directly.

Back
Top Bottom