lining up for sneakers

biggi5malls

Ibaka collector
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
barossa_cards_collectables
Was looking at getting into the whole sneaker head hobby however its becoming clear to me that it isnt as easy as I first thought.

From what I can see al the good releases in SA are only available at Rundle Mall and you need to line up all night to get them.

Is there any other way to get these releases?

there are a number of ways that you can get them :p

most people also try online - kickz101, eastbay but both of those now are so common they are hard to get through, most of the time they crash. Also eastbay you have to factor in the time differences.

its hard now to get them unless you want to line up, 2 - 4 years ago you didn't need to, ie I wente into kickz101 on release day (friday i took a coffee break at 9am) to walk down and get my Space Jams, Bred IV and Black Cement III's were the same and got 2 pairs of them! I refuse to line up over night for shoes so I'm pretty much out of the shoe game now. It's just too much hassle since I wear all of mine as well

You can pay a premium from US sites to get guaranteed pairs. but is it really worth it.

easier to get a fast internet connection and buy from kickz101 when they drop at 8am in the morning.

Its a game you dont want to get into mate. Lining you need to get there 2-3 hours before the store opens, i know for the concord lows people slept overnight. Getting online its just luck as most of the time kickz101 sells out in 2-3 mins if that

Can get from the USA but post is expensive ($40) and you need to get 2-4 pairs to make it worth while

Im over the shoe game now its not worth the hassle, they are just shoes at the end of the day. I just stick with Air Max's now.

My advice, dont bother getting into it

Correct but if you want to get into the Basketball Shoe game aka Jordans Good Luck. Prepare to wait in lines, try to but online and miss out and then be held to paying reseller prices.

Also another thing is size. If you are after 9 and 11 forget it they are the most popular sizes

Last edited:
I always wondered if heads wore their kicks? After going through what they do to get them I couldn't see myself risking getting them dirty. Plus, it's gotta be a challenge displaying a decent size collection.

I wear a rotation of about 5 pairs, but then again I only have 25 or so now. I wear them about 20 times and can't bear to see them get wrecked so I box them up again for months, then bring em back out occasionally.

I don't display them as everyone thinks I am crazy to collect kickz.. well aside from other sneaker freaks.. but no one comes to my house that would understand the illness I have. .lol

I don't really dig Jordans so much so its easy for me to pass most of the releases by.,. I only own 1 pair of Jays. Bred 11's.. I'm more a nostalgic 90's collector. though the Brons have gotten me hard lately.

Looks like there wont be any lining up in WA anymore. At least not at Murray Street.

10552500_10154628556995565_7848264065249028270_n.jpg

Kicks were ment to be worn. I had jordan Vs that I had kept for years in the box. One day I thought I'd get them out for a day and go out in style......
BIG mistake, the rubber cushioning around the air bubble crumbled away and the soles fell off. I still have nightmares to this day.
So wear your kicks, not every day, but at least a few times a year.....they need it.
I was an original kicks hoarder back in the day, I had around 35 pairs of bball sneakers back around 93. Now, I'm down to 3. (Kids cost too much)
So, in 3 weeks...jordan X1Vs here I come.
ok, I'll stop crapin on now.

I hated lining up but Adelaide is finally starting to use the raffle system, especially now that the city is a HOH.
LOVE the raffling, it will help stop the resellers buying 3-5 pairs just to inflate.

Ive missed so many 1st day releases on saturdays as Im out of town every weekend, but nabbed releases on a Thursday with not another person in sight :/
Eastbay/Champs/Footlocker (same company) wont send some releases to Australia.

I dont "collect" I buy to rock every pair, and am known to change my shoes multiple times a day :)

I have quit collecting Jordan's it too hard to get them these days due top hype and re-sellers. I don't want to line up or go in raffles. Here's an idea what about making more pairs to release that would solve all these issues?

Rather get Air Max's and Adidas shoes now.

I do plan on selling my BBall collection soon.

I never started off buying to collect, but there are so many awesome kickz coming out, I buy them faster than I can wear them out. I have a rotation now of about 12 pairs. I now wear my foam wolf-greys to work and they are getting smashed with red-dust.. :( but gotta get through these kickz somehow.

I think the raffle system is good.
It definitly cuts down the amount of A-hole resellers.
That includes those A-holes that miss out on their size so they buy whatever size is left to ruin someone elses day.

In saying that, I work away for days at a time so I can't get to releases. I pay extra to get my kickz off feebay or eastbay.
I'm just satisfied with the fact that I'm putting in the effort to not put money in the pockets of resellers to keep them going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom