Port Adelaide Guernsey Dilemma

Aiden225

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aiden
eBay User
aidensgfc
Was just wondering what people's thoughts about this whole situation.

If you haven't heard Port Adelaide were refused to wear their Home Guernsey against Richmond this weekend.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Port Adelaide. I believe this is a joke. A team has earned their right to play a home final they should be able to wear whatever gurnsey they want.

Any thoughts?

It is complete and utter nonsense isn't it? It happened in round 18 in the West Coast vs Richmond game (the one where Tryone Vickery whacked Dean Cox)....couldn't work out for the life of me why the Eagles were wearing their away jumper.

they have settled for the prison bar Guernseys (if they can get them made in time)
You would of thought they would have this sorted out and not tell port adelaide last minute.

Totally agree with you it should be Richmond working around them.

Not sure what Richmond has to do with it?

They have a clash guernsey, IMO there is no clash between Ports home and Richmonds clash guernsey.

FWIW Ports away kit is probably the best in the league anyway.

Being a Port supporter i was furious, still am. Its as if, after blocking our attempts to wear the prison bars against carlton to honour our 100yrs of being champions of Australia, they are just throwing us a bone to shut us up.
No doubt i would love to see the prison bars on sunday but we have earn t the right to wear our back in black Guernsey. I am just lucky ill be at the game and have a prison bars guernsey to wear.

Its in no way Richmonds fault, its the afls. If the afl believed that Richmonds clash guernsey at the start of the year wouldnt work for all teams and in any situation they should have been sent back to the drawing board.

Its now going to be interesting if, Richmond, Ess etc are sent off at the end of the year and come up with something to suffice. Doesnt even have to be white! Invert the colours on both jumpers. Have a black sash with all gold/yellow. simple! Like the VFL clash they use... same with ess. have a red one with black sash.

The blame lies soley on the AFL on this one

I really don't see how the prison bars is all that different from Port's home strip anyway.

But good on them foe holding their ground, really wish West Coast did the same, but since the drugs problems it feels like they bend to the AFL's whim everytime.

Now that Richmond's "clash" Guernsey has been a problem against two teams it should be changed before next season. They can wear white with a black sash, like a white tiger or something.

Back
Top Bottom