NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langer at least held hold of the attacker when he used his leg didn't to bring them down, not dissimilar to a judo move but Reynolds just threw his leg out. Thaiday did certainly put on a good performance but Reynolds 3 indiscretions deserved way more than 3 weeks, he is the biggest grub in the game

Langer at least held hold of the attacker when he used his leg didn't to bring them down, not dissimilar to a judo move but Reynolds just threw his leg out. Thaiday did certainly put on a good performance but Reynolds 3 indiscretions deserved way more than 3 weeks, he is the biggest grub in the game
And see, THAT'S the problem: He's not being judged by his 3 indiscressions, he's being judged by the fact he done them WHILE being labelled by the majority of fans as "the biggest grub in the game"... If Garreth Widdop or Luke Brooks done those 3 things this week, would people be considering them lucky to have "only" got 3 weeks"? I doubt it. Hell, on the Matty Johns show last night, Tallis had the audacity to say "Reynolds got off, so should Luke". Reynolds DIDN'T get off, he got 3 weeks. Whether you think you'd like to see him rubbed from the game or not, he got his penalty for THOSE indisgressions...

BTW, does anyone know the result of the Thaiday case yet? My old man's a Broncs fan, so he's got a bit riding on Thaiday playing, I'd think...

Thaiday guilty

Despite everyone's predisposition to label him as a grub, there is barely a game goes by where he doesn't do something dirty or illegal, can't help himself. He us the one who has created this reputation for himself so if that goes to his detriment than tough luck !!

Bummer, my dad's got a bet going with a bit of a loud-mouth mate of ours who supports the Eels about who finishes higher at the end of the season. Not a great final round match-up for him... ;p haha Oh, well. Just have to hope Sticky's been putting rockets up the Canberra players all week, and Hayne misses the plane down... lol! I can HOPE!

Allan Langer made a career out of tripping people, now Reynolds is suspended for tripping against Langers old teem? Oh, the irony... People don't like Reynolds or Ennis, I get it. I hated Ennis when he was at the Broncs, now he plays for my team I can see the "funny" side of his constant niggle. But it's not like Isaac Luke is a cleanskin in that regard. And I see Luke's defense was about how he "couldn't breathe", and was "in fear for his life"/needs to be around for his family"... So that defense works for a hooker against another hooker, but a five-eighth with a prop on top of him should just suck it up? C'mon... Funnily enough, I just loooked up the stats, and apparently it's ok to kick someone in the head who's 3 kilos LIGHTER than you, because thats "the only way you can get them off", but someone who's 20 kilos heavier than you can just lay on you all day while you're getting ready to play the ball.

To even compare the Reynolds trip to a Langer "Cumberland throw" is ridiculous and im not a fan of that "tackling" style...

To even compare the Reynolds trip to a Langer "Cumberland throw" is ridiculous and im not a fan of that "tackling" style...
Meh, a head-high is a head-high, a kick in the head is a kick in the head, and a trip is a trip, in my books. Sound like the "Peptide ZX237932(A) is banned, but THIS is Peptide ZX237932(B)!" defence... ;)

Meh, a head-high is a head-high, a kick in the head is a kick in the head, and a trip is a trip, in my books. Sound like the "Peptide ZX237932(A) is banned, but THIS is Peptide ZX237932(B)!" defence... ;)

Mind you, I also think a cap-breach is a cap-breach, yet we see teams getting a smack on the hand every 2nd year for them until someone goes over the top with it...

The Thaiday crusher was a joke. What other possible way could have that tackle been completed?

Brent Tate announces his retirement too.

There's a how squad of top line 00's players bowing out this year.

Sigh - Mini, King, Bailey, now Tate. I'm starting to feel old again.

I hope so too mate, but if that's just a comment on a "biased" judiciary, Ennis put his legs in a dangerous position AND took a dive.
Couldnt care who made the tackle, Souffs have had PLENTY go there way this year, And it would be JUST SO FITTING to send Burgess out a winner. THE NRL IS RIGGED!

Couldnt care who made the tackle, Souffs have had PLENTY go there way this year, And it would be JUST SO FITTING to send Burgess out a winner. THE NRL IS RIGGED!
I never said it was important that it was Ennis. I just said he put his legs in a dangerous position, and was expecting Luke to try and get free, so he dived. Could've been any other player on your team.

And it could be argued that it would be fitting to send out King, Minichiello, SBW, etc with a grand final win too. It can go any way.

But back on topic, I hope souths can win tonight. Should be a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom