NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the no try to Valentine Holmes I thought he was hit in the head by Thurston which caused him to lose the ball, did I hear a suggestion of penalty try in the dialogue between the refs?.

I remember my father-in-law and his brother (saints man) arguing over the Saints pack back in 2004/5. My uncle-in-law was adamant Ryles and Sims were the future superstars and multi-Grand Finalists; Saints legends forever and ever. The father-in-law said to lock Bailey up long term as he was a 250 game machine and Creagh a future captain. I wonder who was more right?

I'd have kept both Ryles and Bailey, but in those days we just use to shake the prop tree and another gun would fall out, not so much these days as it's become our point of weakness.

Ross

I'd have kept both Ryles and Bailey, but in those days we just use to shake the prop tree and another gun would fall out, not so much these days as it's become our point of weakness.

Ross

Tell me about the production line:

Craig Fitzgibbon
Craig Smith
Lance Thompson
Timmins
Treacey
Ward
Hart
Leikvoll
Bailey
Ryles

Justin Smith
Stapleton
Kite
Ben Ross

Ryan Tandy
Dean Young
Donnelly
Sims (and his brothers)
Henderson
Creagh
Poore
Norrie
Corey Payne
Danny Wicks
Dan Hunt
Prior
Merrin
McKinnon
De Belin

Saints hold on to the ones in bold and man, unstoppable.

Alas...

Last edited:
Early on in the merger, I think most of their forwards were from the Steelers side.

Basically, what I was saying, for a good ten years, Saints/Illawarra churned out plenty of big boppers, and were fairly blasé about letting them go elsewhere. For some reason, the cupboard seems a little barer now.

Anyway, back to Bailer - a great player, nice bloke. Hope he's happy in retirement. Sadly another bloke without a GF appearance either.

I hope so too mate, but if that's just a comment on a "biased" judiciary, Ennis put his legs in a dangerous position AND took a dive.
And Thaiday's was an obvious dive the week before, didn't help Reynolds. Personally, I don't think EITHER were worthy of suspension, but the old "good for the goose, good for the gander" saying comes to mind.

Reynolds also tripped and high tackled, that was mainly what the suspension was for...
Allan Langer made a career out of tripping people, now Reynolds is suspended for tripping against Langers old teem? Oh, the irony... People don't like Reynolds or Ennis, I get it. I hated Ennis when he was at the Broncs, now he plays for my team I can see the "funny" side of his constant niggle. But it's not like Isaac Luke is a cleanskin in that regard. And I see Luke's defense was about how he "couldn't breathe", and was "in fear for his life"/needs to be around for his family"... So that defense works for a hooker against another hooker, but a five-eighth with a prop on top of him should just suck it up? C'mon... Funnily enough, I just loooked up the stats, and apparently it's ok to kick someone in the head who's 3 kilos LIGHTER than you, because thats "the only way you can get them off", but someone who's 20 kilos heavier than you can just lay on you all day while you're getting ready to play the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom