My sons new "pyjamas"- panthers vs storm

Rekless

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
Super_cooper07
Hey guys, as done of you know I used to be right into IP sigs a few years ago, moving to the NT quickly knocked that on the head.

Anyway I'm back in Sydney this week and took my son Cooper to his first Storm game. He's a massive Cooper Cronk fan.

The rain held out which was great, after the game we thought we'd hang around like I used to and see if we could get an autograph or 2, but mainly a photo of my son with Cronk.

After the game it started to rain, security pushed everyone out onto the street and told us we'd have to wait there.

My son was huddled under a rain jacket for over an hour before the players started to come out. I asked him probably 20 times if he wanted to go, but he was determined to meet his hero.

Finally he came out, he was rushed by the usual sig pigs, my son waited patiently and when Cronk got to him his smile was a mile wide.

We'd given up on the autograph idea due to the rain, all he wanted was that photo. Cronk was happy to oblige and as the photo was being taken my son told Cronk about a letter that he written him earlier in the year, Cronk remembered the letter and had a bit of a chat, even with everyone trying to get his attention he gave all his focus to my son.

He signed a ball for my son and then said "hang on, wait there little man" he dropped his backpack to the ground and pulled out his training shirt that he'd used in the warm up and gave it to my son for being his biggest fan.

It was amazing to see my little boys hero act like a hero. After seeing that my wife is now a Cronk fan too.

My son was buzzing from it all night, even when we got back for him to go to bed he just wanted to put on the shirt.

Thanks for looking guys.

B00C1BF3-91C3-49B3-BA68-0D6B27FB2404_1.jpg

C6DC021C-03DF-41C8-B21B-AE16A488C079.jpg

Awesome. So many footy players are really decent blokes. And it's the kids who are the future of the game. What a tremendous memory for your son and thanks for sharing it!

Great story, thanks for sharing it.

I have seen quite a few players do similar things that you never hear about.

I remember Jamie Soward having a chat with a young kid with downs syndrome after a game at Kogarah. He posed for a photo and signed his jersey, he then said wait a second and pulled out his head gear from the game, signed it and gave it to the kid. I will never forget the smile on his face. Jamie put it on the boy and then had a few more photos with the boy in his head gear.

These guys do some great things and as others have said, they will remember it forever, and will help with the next generation of supporters for life!

Jason, I'm lost for words....just an amazing story. The phrase "It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice" springs to mind. Encounters like these are priceless and of course now young Cooper will cost you an arm and a leg building his Cooper Cronk collection but I suspect you won't mind that :)

Great story, thanks for sharing it.

I have seen quite a few players do similar things that you never hear about.

I remember Jamie Soward having a chat with a young kid with downs syndrome after a game at Kogarah. He posed for a photo and signed his jersey, he then said wait a second and pulled out his head gear from the game, signed it and gave it to the kid. I will never forget the smile on his face. Jamie put it on the boy and then had a few more photos with the boy in his head gear.

These guys do some great things and as others have said, they will remember it forever, and will help with the next generation of supporters for life!

Not to hijack the thread but this year Sowie has been handing his headgear to kids in the crowd after every game. He has also thrown his boots into the crowd as well once or twice.

I reckon you should contact Erin Molan on the footy show and let her know about this story...the sort of thing she would probably report on.

Cheers
Matt

jesus cronnks usually a tight assssssss. he thinks he;s in a band or something !
great work !! ur son will be so happy

Back
Top Bottom