2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Are the wch parralells numbered or say 1/75-ish ect? Thats what i worked them out to any way. A single card or whole set is pretty low numbered considering. What kind of value are going on these?

Perhaps, I think its pretty cool there 1 of 80. Im wondering why not a little more fuss about them...

I agree........it just goes to show that a card limited in production to 80 (not numbered) is not worth as much as the same card numbered. When I first heard of these I thought, well 50 - 60 bucks is all their money but how many cases must be broken to complete a set. Of the few I have seen broken you get 3 in a case........If I was collecting them I would put them in a penny sleeve and top loader then put them away for a while as I think their price will only increase.

I agree........it just goes to show that a card limited in production to 80 (not numbered) is not worth as much as the same card numbered. When I first heard of these I thought, well 50 - 60 bucks is all their money but how many cases must be broken to complete a set. Of the few I have seen broken you get 3 in a case........If I was collecting them I would put them in a penny sleeve and top loader then put them away for a while as I think their price will only increase.
I agree Tak, im not collecting them as I cant afford to get that many and or trade bait. I really do think they are being underestimated first up..... Perhaps the time to decide to collect them.....

These would have been the perfect parallel set to warrant numbering. They would surely attract more attention and I agree that they will be much sought after when the initial signature grab eases off.
ESP take note, numbered parallels = good idea.

Agree Totally I,m going for a set of the WCH Parallel.
I,m not worrying about the sigs Either except for the dragons 2
Being only 80 of each and 24 in total will be a hard slog to get them all i would try and get in early if you are going to chase them..

I have strongly suggested the serial numbering of short printed inserts in the past and will continue to do so when I provide my own feedback after each release. It makes such a big difference to the valuing....there are plenty of examples available over the past few years.

I have strongly suggested the serial numbering of short printed inserts in the past and will continue to do so when I provide my own feedback after each release. It makes such a big difference to the valuing....there are plenty of examples available over the past few years.

If you compare them to the Select LL Golds

Golds #/150 (Gallen #007/150 sold in mid June for $100)
Elite Gallen limited to 80 you can probably pick up for $40-50?

Cheers
Matt

If you compare them to the Select LL Golds

Golds #/150 (Gallen #007/150 sold in mid June for $100)
Elite Gallen limited to 80 you can probably pick up for $40-50?

Cheers
Matt

Exactly, I do like that they increased the set size from 16 to 24 this year (of the 1:72 insert that isn't a signature card) which reduced the individual numbers from 130 to 80 to help compensate for the value difference from the signatures. It was a step in the right direction and if they can add serial numbering next year to whatever the other 1:72 series is, I think they are well on track to nailing the high end hits in the set.

I think the signatures are a little low as well. Never have i seen signatures go so low, why are the ebay sellers selling them so low? I feel the signatures will only increase as time passes like the world cup hero foils.

Thanks Michael :) I knew the 4th was the release date i was just kind of hoping they were coming out to the newsagents earlier

With only 1 known Redemption found and the amount of cases being busted, l have a feeling case prices will be on the rise shortly.
The odds of pulling a redemption are getting better and better.

Thoughts?

With only 1 known Redemption found and the amount of cases being busted, l have a feeling case prices will be on the rise shortly.
The odds of pulling a redemption are getting better and better.

Thoughts?

Australia got the DCEs, NZ gets the redemptions. Seems perfectly fair to me. We'll see tomorrow when the NZ stock lands!

But there have certainly been surprisingly few busted. Apparently as of Wednesday there are only 30/570odd cases still unsold too. It would be very interesting to know how many cases have actually been busted.

Re stockists, I asked ESP the other day and they indicated a list would be uploaded to the website "shortly". I'm guessing over the weekend for the official August 4 release. Go to the Merchandise section, find the 2014 Elite section and, if it's anything like previous releases, there should be a tab for stockists.

Regards
Mike

PS: use this link as a starting point;

http://www.elitesports.com.au/merch-case-studies-category/collectables/

Back
Top Bottom