WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
EA Games have announced a subscription service for Xbox One gamers (exclusive only to XB1), where you can pay $6.99 a month, or $39.99 a year and have access to virtually all their games!!!

http://www.ea.com/au/news/announcing-ea-access-for-xbox-one

HomePageSubscriberUpdatedPUBLISH.png

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle2 and Battlefield 4, with more titles being added soon.That’s over $100 worth of games for $6.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Accessis a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

• Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital contentfor Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisitionor NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
  • Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

When you think about it, you can go to the local Video store, and rent a game for $7 bucks for what, a few days or a week? This gives you access to not only 1 game, but ALL of them (subject to list of available titles of course), for a WHOLE MONTH!!

When they say access do they mean download or just play?

No mention of it that I can find, but I have hit up EA on Twitter to see if they'll tell us. PlayStation are releasing a Streaming service soon (PlayStation TV), so I wonder if it'll be similar to that.
Hoping it's more like the actual Games With Gold or Instant Collection programs Xbox and PlayStation run, where you download the games to your console, but can only play them when subscribed - must have a check-digit in it for licensing, etc.

Probably doesnt mean much to some, but I much prefer to download the game, than to stream it. Could cost more in data downloads in the long run.

meh EA are scum, i don't get their games anymore hope they burn.

He he, not a fan then Dom?

I guess in all fairness, most Dev's turn off their servers after a new release or two. COD, Battlefield, NBA Live, NBA 2K, Madden, Forza, just to name a small variety. It's a shame that people are forced to upgrade their games each year (say the sports' titles, etc), and probably something where PC gamers get full benefits as they can release patches/mods to include new rosters, etc even after a game is a few years old. - Take a look at Skyrim, they're still releasing PC mods for it (mostly gamer mods, not actually from the Dev's themselves), that would keep most gamers happy for a few more years - albeit they'll run out of stuff to actually do in the world.

ps4 has been fkd over once again

nah EA have a partnership with XBOX. So it is expected.

EA originally partnered with Nintendo before the gen started but they wanted to put origin on there instead of Nintendo's system. EA was hired to help them build an online system. Nintendo said no and and a shit storm happened from there hence why they don't even support them anymore.

yeah i know your right, it just shits me though.

We dont get Legends in FIFA ultimate team, and XBOX one will now get access to FIFA15 5 days earlier than us with a ps4.

Is 5 days early really that big of a difference maker?

PS4 might just get it as one of their 5-6 freebies in their Instant Game Collection MONTHS before XB1 even considers it!!

its annoying! ive enjoyed having the season ticket the last few years and getting early access and making some money on ultimate team early. this year we wont even have that option.

and i doubt it, every game they have given us so far has been a heap of shit with PSN plus. theres been a few good ones on ps3 and ps vita but in terms of ps4 its dud after dud.

Is 5 days early really that big of a difference maker?

PS4 might just get it as one of their 5-6 freebies in their Instant Game Collection MONTHS before XB1 even considers it!!

for Nintendo gamers they have to wait months for some games after the others. Then devs wonder why they don't sell when most people these days have more than one console.

ps4 has been fkd over once again

Just a bit more on this one, Sony actually decided NOT to participate - hence an Xbox-only program.
Said it didnt represent "good value"....

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...sent-good-value-to-the-playstation-gamer.aspx

“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” a Sony representative told us via email. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

I signed up for it !
It's a great deal nfl,fifa,bf4,and pegal 2 . (you download the game not streaming )
I already had them all but nfl but now I will trade bf4 in at EBgames.
5 day's early access to Dragon age will be nice.
Sony didn't want this because of play$tation NOW !

I signed up for it !
It's a great deal nfl,fifa,bf4,and pegal 2 . (you download the game not streaming )
I already had them all but nfl but now I will trade bf4 in at EBgames.
5 day's early access to Dragon age will be nice.
Sony didn't want this because of play$tation NOW !

And PSN, IMO is a bad deal.

Back
Top Bottom