Aussies collecting NBA cards should be outlawed!!! UPDATE!!!

Slimzy69

Go Bulls!!!
Real Name
Lindsay
eBay User
akaslimzy69
COMC User
slimzy69
Interesting response from a ebay user after I keep winning tony snells!!!

I LOL'ed!!!
image.jpg

I tried to work with this guy so we wouldn't bid each other up but his commitment to trying to get all snells and msging me telling he was bidding on a card stay away!!! The shit hit the fan when I won the 13-14 preferred 1/1 crown. I said I wasn't going to bid :whistle: I got jack of it in the end and thought stuff you!!! :p

Anyway I know you can block people from bidding on ebay but can you block them from msging you as well???

Cheers slim
(Officially a Tony Snell Super Collector :))

Lol I've had these types of discussions with collectors in the past...in the end, if you're not willing to pay to win, don't bother getting mad at the guy that is! Haha Good luck with it man.

BOOM! I love how you told him you weren't going to bid then you went and won it. EAT IT DUDE!! Well done and keep the Snell's flowing. I agree, the more high end cards situated in this great land, the better.

I experience the same thing with JRs, If you're dumb enough to bid on it after I told you that I was gonna go for it, your loss....

If I was you I'd just ignore the guy and set up a snipe bid account so you don't have to battle it out bid for bid.

I'm stupid enough to collect a scrub so I get no competition with my Aminu stuff. The Kemp competition is crazy high already so I don't bother with crazy bids and just nab stuff at reasonable prices when I can, same with Drummond.

Ha ha ha, the good ol' days!! Used to go head to head with one specific dude, who turned into a bit of a douche on another forum (then I think got banned here with his mate), and then later on, decided to give up his PC, and we spoke for days coming up with a deal, and I bought half his collection! ha ha.

Amazing how the world turns!

I do remember this one time, @Matt26 posted a thread about a Harris 1/1 ending soon, tagging me in the post. Our "mate" (and his mate) both ripped him to shreds asking the mods to remove the thread as "they were watching and waiting to bid".

I ended up sniping it at the end, and had a little chuckle about it.

Im going through the same thing with another Longley collector. One collector and I have an agreement on most cards that there will be be plenty of. But there is another guy, who is paying ludicrous amounts to outbid us. He bought a Longley /10 for $250+ inc postage. Stupid.

That alone wouldn't bother me. But he insists on buying multiples of everything. There are auto's /49 that I still haven't won yet, cos he buys them all.

Thing is, we've brought it up with him before and he's actually a bit of a jerk.

So the other day, we both put in offers on the new Longley Preferred 1/1.

When his was rejected he was very rude and abusive to the seller.

When mine was rejected, I politely emailed the seller saying that I was happy to work out a reasonable price with him, and explained in detail why I thought my offer was very reasonable for Luc Longley.

Long story short, he replied saying that he wished everyone was as polite about these situations. Told me he was looking for $200ish more than my offer, but after the other guy was such a jerk, he was happy to see it land in my hands for my offer price!

Winning!

Im going through the same thing with another Longley collector. One collector and I have an agreement on most cards that there will be be plenty of. But there is another guy, who is paying ludicrous amounts to outbid us. He bought a Longley /10 for $250+ inc postage. Stupid.

That alone wouldn't bother me. But he insists on buying multiples of everything. There are auto's /49 that I still haven't won yet, cos he buys them all.

Thing is, we've brought it up with him before and he's actually a bit of a jerk.

So the other day, we both put in offers on the new Longley Preferred 1/1.

When his was rejected he was very rude and abusive to the seller.

When mine was rejected, I politely emailed the seller saying that I was happy to work out a reasonable price with him, and explained in detail why I thought my offer was very reasonable for Luc Longley.

Long story short, he replied saying that he wished everyone was as polite about these situations. Told me he was looking for $200ish more than my offer, but after the other guy was such a jerk, he was happy to see it land in my hands for my offer price!

Winning!

Love this story! I don't know why so many people are plain rude to others. It doesn't get them anywhere.

Last edited:
CRAZY STUFF. but i love it.
bring all the cards down under!!!

but never thought about it in too much detail with my own PC player (vucevic)
i wonder how many times ive been bidding up against the same people when we could have worked out who bids on what, couldn't be to many hard core vucevic collectors out there. ;)

haha love your work slimz!!

Theres 1 dude who wins every god damn TY LAWSON I go for, must have that snipe bid thing set up.
Ive never made contact with him but his ebay name is I***Y.

I would love it if we actually knew each other as it would save us both mega $$$$

@pugzyboy what you can do is message a few sellers of cards he outbid you on.

Explain to them that you have a bunch of cards he might be interested in, and you were hoping that they might be able yo tell you their username.

Those two letters you see in his hidden name would be in his name, but wont be the first and last letters.

@pugzyboy what you can do is message a few sellers of cards he outbid you on.

Explain to them that you have a bunch of cards he might be interested in, and you were hoping that they might be able yo tell you their username.

Those two letters you see in his hidden name would be in his name, but wont be the first and last letters.

just did that, hope they co operate with me lol.

cheers

Ha ha, this is hilarious.

Cheeky move bidding anyway but oh well, you're definitely enemies now and the gloves are off :p

Being a set collector mainly I get player collectors going crazy on cards I'm chasing. It's fun when you beat em out though.

I still think this is the thrill of ebay, winning that auction for a card you want is still great fun.

Keep going hard on those Snells:)

Ha ha, this is hilarious.

Cheeky move bidding anyway but oh well, you're definitely enemies now and the gloves are off :p

Being a set collector mainly I get player collectors going crazy on cards I'm chasing. It's fun when you beat em out though.

I still think this is the thrill of ebay, winning that auction for a card you want is still great fun.

Keep going hard on those Snells:)

Oh the set collectors...I've royally screwed with a few of them in the past :lol: Luckily when I've been set collecting I haven't really come across anyone like myself...haha

Back
Top Bottom