2014 EPL Off-season/Transfer thread

even if journo's know something (like they saw the agent meet with a united rep for example) it could still lead to trouble. the fact that someone/anyone knows that theyve agreed to terms is dangerous for united, if true...
thats what got chelsea in trouble with andy cole (or yorke, i cant remember?). someone saw him and the 'special one' at a hotel banging out an agreement.
i picked chelsea last season aswell. and theyve made some very good buys. theyll be my pick again this time round...
Think you might be referring to how Ashley Cole arrived at Chelsea from Arsenal. It's dodgy but definitely happens. Would be pretty dumb to allow yourself get caught as I'm pretty sure there's hefty penalties these days.

Didn't Costa bite Ramos?
Think he head butted (if you can call it that) after being elbowed in the head/face or something? Was that before or after Ramos spat at him? Can't remember the exact order of events but there was something there. No where near Suarez level in my mind though. You talking about a guy who's bitten opponents on numerous occasions, accused of making racist comments towards opponents and has had issues with the fairness of his play in the past (as in diving).

Think he head butted (if you can call it that) after being elbowed in the head/face or something? Was that before or after Ramos spat at him? Can't remember the exact order of events but there was something there. No where near Suarez level in my mind though. You talking about a guy who's bitten opponents on numerous occasions, accused of making racist comments towards opponents and has had issues with the fairness of his play in the past (as in diving).

at 0:20 of this video is what i was thinking about. Doesn't look like he actually got him though.

Think you might be referring to how Ashley Cole arrived at Chelsea from Arsenal. It's dodgy but definitely happens. Would be pretty dumb to allow yourself get caught as I'm pretty sure there's hefty penalties these days.

yeah, youre right. i was confusing the coles. it happened with ashley, but there was also an issue with yorke (which is why i thought of andy) and his arrival at united that was along the same lines...
it would be very dumb indeed. thats why i was interested to see whether someone has actually said anything about this. journo or whoever. you can get a multiple season ban on transfers for something like this.

Didn't Costa bite Ramos?

even if he did (which he didnt), its not quite like doing it three times. and then theres the racism. and the diving. and the no remorse for any of it. suarez got all he deserved from the tabloids. im sure costa will get his fair share of scrutiny from the english aswell. theres always some nutter they go after...

Last edited:
ospina to arsenal. almost done. 4mill.
evra to juve. very possible.
rodriguez to madrid. almost done.
vermaelen to united. either way, looks like hes leaving.
drogba back to chelsea. looks close.
torres back to atletico. they certainly need the players...
and mourinho is going to give lukaku a chance, so that should satisfy him enough to want to stick around...
negredo fractures his metatarsel. out for 4 months, so looks like city will be on the hunt for a striker.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/1955265/nedved-criticises-chiellini-bite-reaction

wow. couldnt agree less.

Last edited:
Haha way to throw your player under the bus Pavel you twit. How exactly does he expect him to react? If he lashes out at Suarez he gets sent off.

even if journo's know something (like they saw the agent meet with a united rep for example) it could still lead to trouble. the fact that someone/anyone knows that theyve agreed to terms is dangerous for united, if true...
thats what got chelsea in trouble with andy cole (or yorke, i cant remember?). someone saw him and the 'special one' at a hotel banging out an agreement.
i picked chelsea last season aswell. and theyve made some very good buys. theyll be my pick again this time round...

Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole were long past it before Jose came arrived .
A majority of the time the deal gets done, the club receives there transfer fee for the player, and nothing is said. Clubs can talk to agents and they might say they are interested in there player and agree on a gentleman's handshake personal terms.

This stuff happens all the time, you'd be delusional to believe that it doesn't
Im sure Cristiano Ronaldo had spoken to Real Madrid representatives way before his transfer fee between Real and United was agreed on

And regarding suarez, he is a dog. When he bit Ivanovich, he was lucky he only got an 8 game ban

Last edited:
Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole were long past it before Jose came arrived .
A majority of the time the deal gets done, the club receives there transfer fee for the player, and nothing is said. Clubs can talk to agents and they might say they are interested in there player and agree on a gentleman's handshake personal terms.

This stuff happens all the time, you'd be delusional to believe that it doesn't
Im sure Cristiano Ronaldo had spoken to Real Madrid representatives way before his transfer fee between Real and United was agreed on

And regarding suarez, he is a dog. When he bit Ivanovich, he was lucky he only got an 8 game ban

didnt say it doesnt happen (actually agreed with you that it 100% does). just that people dont come out and talk about it over twitter because theyd land themselves in hot water...so it would be very rare that someone outside the deal (let alone the fans) would know theyve agreed to terms before the transfer fee is announced.
also admitted that i mixed up ashley and andy cole. was thinking of when yorke went to united from villa (same issues in that transfer) and just naturally associated andy with him. just confused myself is all...

Last edited:
Hames Rodriquez move to Real done, worth 80 Mil, is he really worth that much? Would have been nice if he stayed at Monaco with Falco. But I guess the timing is right for him.

Di Maria & Kedhira to be sold to make way, Kedhira Arsenal bound?

Anyone heading over to NZ for the Sydney /Wellington / west ham and Newcastle tournament this weekend or are there all ready . I'm leaving tomorrow morning , just seeing who else might be going.

Hames Rodriquez move to Real done, worth 80 Mil, is he really worth that much? Would have been nice if he stayed at Monaco with Falco. But I guess the timing is right for him.

Di Maria & Kedhira to be sold to make way, Kedhira Arsenal bound?

personally i dont think so. when proven players like bale and suarez go for that much, i know which ones id rather...still, only time will tell. a talent no doubt.

evra to juve. done.
lampard to NY. done. he still may play for melbourne before the US season starts.
bojan to stoke. done. should be interesting.
remy to liverpool. close. hes completed a medical apparantly.

personally i dont think so. when proven players like bale and suarez go for that much, i know which ones id rather...still, only time will tell. a talent no doubt.

evra to juve. done.
lampard to NY. done. he still may play for melbourne before the US season starts.
bojan to stoke. done. should be interesting.
remy to liverpool. close. hes completed a medical apparantly.

Exactly what I was thinking. I know he had a great world cup but I would've gone with Falcao instead.

The Remy deal has snuck up on me, as all the talk was about Bony coming. Reus and Vidal's name have been thrown in the mic again but I don't believe we will get them.

drogba to chelsea. done.
vorm & davies to spurs. sigurdsson to swansea. swap deal.
remy to liverpool is off. failed his medical apparently.

drogba to chelsea. done.
vorm & davies to spurs. sigurdsson to swansea. swap deal.
remy to liverpool is off. failed his medical apparently.
Does this mean Lloris is headed elsewhere? Hard to imagine either as backups...

Calum Chambers and David Ospina done deals for Arsenal. Nice couple of squad boosters. Was just reading a rumour we are close to signing Douglas Costa which will lead to Santi Cazorla being allowed to return to Spain. Not sure how I feel about that. Love watching Santi play.

Lovren liverpool done deal! Interesting who else from southhampton do they want

Weve taken chambers by the looks of things, which i dont mind but for 16 mil is just stupid when we have jenkinson sitting there aswell and there so similar

Back
Top Bottom