2014-15 NBA Free Agents & Signings

Some K Love news

Joe Cowley: According to a Timberwolves source, the Bulls made a "significant offer'' for Kevin Love this morning and it's being "heavily considered.'' Twitter @suntimes_hoops - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

Joe Cowley: Bulls felt Timberwolves were initially bluffing to drive up the price Tue. night, but in backchannels with Love, felt like Cavs were close. Forman and Pax are in a win-now window, and made the decision that Love in Chicago is much better than Love in Cleveland with James. On the TWolves side, there is great pressure to start winning, and another rebuild with the Cavs deal is not ideal. Twitter @suntimes_hoops - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

Darren Wolfson: NBA source w/ a big stake in the #Twolves/Cavs talks verifies @Chris Sheridan report: Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott on the table for Love. Twitter @DarrenWolfson - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

The Timberwolves have been steadfast in their stance when entertaining trade offers. They know what they want and are unwilling to part with Love right now unless they get what they want in return. Minnesota has made it clear that any trade talks with Cleveland for Love include Wiggins. The Cavs were reluctant to include Wiggins in a deal but realize the only way to get Love is to trade Wiggins to Minnesota. Wiggins has not signed his rookie deal with Cleveland yet, and once he does, he cannot be traded for 30 days. If Wiggins signs soon, the Love-to-Cleveland sage could drag on for at least the next month. USA Today Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

Charlotte Hornets General Manager Rich Cho announced today that the team has signed free agent guard Brian Roberts. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. “Brian is a quality point guard who we believe will play a key role for us,” Cho said. “We look forward to having him as part of our team.” NBA.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

The Brooklyn Nets have signed guard Markel Brown and forward Cory Jefferson to multi-year contracts, General Manager Billy King announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed. Brown, the 44th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, was acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves on draft night in exchange for cash considerations. He recently completed his senior season at Oklahoma State, averaging 17.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 35.3 minutes per game and earning All-Big 12 Second Team honors for the second consecutive season. During his junior season, Brown averaged 15.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 34.1 minutes per game. NBA.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mZjWiaND.dpuf

Mavs close to deal with Jameer Nelson, looking to use their $2.7m exception to fill out their roster. Not REALLY a big fan of this, I like the guy, but we have Harris, Felton & Mekel already, this will make 4 PGs. UNLESS they're looking to either restrict Felton's role, or possibly offload him. Especially after being found guilty of gun charges.

With Lewis' contract now officially off the books, the Mavs should still have a $2.7m exception (Nelson) and a veteran's minimum which I think is worth around the $800k-$900k range for 1yr.

After voiding Lewis' contract due to injury (and surgery), Mavs will be signing Al-Farouq Aminu!

I wasnt aware he was 6'9", thought he was 6'7". But a stretch 3 to play backup at both forward spots, this is ideal. Athletic, defender, rebounder. Exactly what the Dr ordered.

Doesnt score a lot of points, but I have a feeling our smalls will be putting the points on the board for the 2nd string lineups.

Funnily enough, some of Aminu's best games last season came against the Mavs. 16pts, 20rebs on one occasion!!

good m
After voiding Lewis' contract due to injury (and surgery), Mavs will be signing Al-Farouq Aminu!

I wasnt aware he was 6'9", thought he was 6'7". But a stretch 3 to play backup at both forward spots, this is ideal. Athletic, defender, rebounder. Exactly what the Dr ordered.

Doesnt score a lot of points, but I have a feeling our smalls will be putting the points on the board for the 2nd string lineups.
good move.......

Reading now, it's 2yrs $2.1m with 2nd year a Player Option. Mavs don't want players to stick around, they keep offering POs!!!
(maybe that's a plan, though?!?!?)

So technically, they still have $600k + min vet. Must be good having 5 players under $1m each!!

This move, wonder if that means no Jameer Nelson now? Really need to trade away Ray Felton now.

I think once we sign Nelson that will be about it. Little thin at SG, but I think Harris will play a lot of time there. Ledo and Crowder can mix it up too.

Depth Chart-

Chandler/Smith/Wright
Nowitzki/Aminu/Griffin
Parsons/Jefferson/Crowder
Ellis/Harris/Ledo
Nelson/Felton/Mekel

The traditional PF is almost dead now I think anyway. The guys who will play the extra minutes behind Dirk are all SF from my perspective. Aminu is good enough to defend most PF's anyway with his size. Big fan of his signing.

Mekel and Griffin will be the D league guys barring injury. Can't believe we signed Mekel to a 4 year contract, even though its a min contract and the last 2 years are team options. Just not up to NBA standards...

Andrew Wiggins just signed with the Cavs, no deal can be done involving him and the wolves for 30 days now.

Mavs announce signing of Nelson;

Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice 46m
Deal hasn't been signed yet, but source said the #Mavs and Jameer Nelson have agreed on a 2-yr, $6 mill deal. The 2nd year is a player opt.

Jameer's experience with playing alongside Dwight in ORL, tells me of some good chemistry for him and Ty Chandler.

Like the sign by the Mavs, hopefully we can ditch Felton now...I see us being a little thin at Center, hopefully Chandler can stay healthy

Mavs are most likely bringing back Sarge (Bernard) James to complete their roster. That'll give us 4 options. Difference from last season, Chandler > Dalembert, Blair > Smith?. Our backups will provide. Smith's came out already and said he wants to learn, and wants to play D. Says he loves to play D, rough it up and crash the boards. Music to all MFFLs ears!!

EDIT:

#MFFL ‏@MavsFansForLife 4m
Jameer Nelson has finalized paperwork on his deal with the #Mavs: $2.75M in Year 1, $3.25M in Year 2. (Via @shamscharania)

Mavs announce signing of Nelson;

Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice 46m
Deal hasn't been signed yet, but source said the #Mavs and Jameer Nelson have agreed on a 2-yr, $6 mill deal. The 2nd year is a player opt.

Jameer's experience with playing alongside Dwight in ORL, tells me of some good chemistry for him and Ty Chandler.

Mavs are most likely bringing back Sarge (Bernard) James to complete their roster. That'll give us 4 options. Difference from last season, Chandler > Dalembert, Blair > Smith?. Our backups will provide. Smith's came out already and said he wants to learn, and wants to play D. Says he loves to play D, rough it up and crash the boards. Music to all MFFLs ears!!

EDIT:

#MFFL ‏@MavsFansForLife 4m
Jameer Nelson has finalized paperwork on his deal with the #Mavs: $2.75M in Year 1, $3.25M in Year 2. (Via @shamscharania)

We now have 15 players signed, even though Eric Griffin's contract is guaranteed. Sarge hasn't proved much and can't see him producing anything meaningful for an NBA team.

Most likely will be there outside of an injury call up, but still apart of the 15 man roster at this stage. Probably just keeping some options open for training camp and pre season in case someone else shows more promise.

From fox sports

It appears the Lakers have finally found their man. The Los Angeles team has offered their head coaching position to Byron Scott on Friday, according to multiple reports.

The Lakers are the only team left in the NBA without a head coach and have conducted an exhaustive search to find a replacement for Mike D’Antoni, who resigned in April. The list of contenders included Mike Dunleavy, Kurt Rambis, Alvin Gentry and Lionel Hollins.

Los Angeles interviewed Byron Scott a total of three times for the job, and Scott received an endorsement from Lakers star Kobe Bryant earlier this month. Scott was a member of three Lakers championship teams as a player and has kept a good relationship with Bryant off the court.

Scott has a 416-521 record as a head coach and led the New Jersey Nets (now the Brooklyn Nets) to back-to-back NBA Finals appearances in 2002 and 2003. His last coaching stint was with the Cavaliers, which ended after the 2012-13 season.

Back
Top Bottom