2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Don't you think it would make sense that if ESP is going to give you a "bonus" for pulling a #1 that they would at least know beforehand that every League Sensation would be signing or not.

I can't see the reason why they would let 13 of them sign a jersey when the other 3 wouldn't or couldn't.

Why not just scrap the idea of the jersey altogether then or come up with something that all number #1's get a limited 1 of 1 special from each club or something ?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

I know i'd feel a bit jipped if i ended up with an unsigned framed jersey displayed with a number 1 card when someone else ends up with a signed jersey.

I think the case was they started getting the jerseys signed and then a certain manager wanted Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars for one signature on a jersey that's what caused the issue. Im sure they will sort something out.

I don't think the players were an issue, it was just that one greedy manager.

I think the case was they started getting the jerseys signed and then a certain manager wanted Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars for one signature on a jersey that's what caused the issue. Im sure they will sort something out.

Yes i understand that Matt, just thought they would have known beforehand or before players started signing if they would be doing it or not.

Maybe Terry will sign the other 3 jerseys that the players wouldn't !!!

That would take pride of place on my wall.....NOT !!!!! hahahaha

I don't remember ESP letting that one out of the bag before everyone had paid for their pre-orders. I don't know if anyone would have changed their mind, I wouldn't have, but a bit of transparency would help ESP's reputation.

Something like this seems to happen every release. Maybe not their fault but let the people keeping them employed know. Communication.

ESP never communicated that any of them would be signed. Read the release info that was sent out with the promo sheet on page 22 again.

• The number 1 cards from the League Sensation Signature series will be redeemed by lucky collectors via a special redemption card . For the first time in NRL card history the signed number 1 Card will be framed with the corresponding team jersey, once ESP receives the redemption card we will send out to the collector the framed team jersey with the number 1 card, and we will return the redemption card, marked of course.

They have done nothing underhand here. I'm sure they set out with all intentions to have all jerseys signed but it just wasn't possible.

Do you know who the 3 players are that didn't sign Matt ?

lets be honest no one really wants the jersey, its just an added bonus. if i got the gordon #1 and the card was framed id take it out of the frame, and sell the jersey, because it wouldn't mean shit to me in comparison to my 3 game worn signed jerseys

its the #1 card and the fact its jersey numbered that id want it for.

Don't you think it would make sense that if ESP is going to give you a "bonus" for pulling a #1 that they would at least know beforehand that every League Sensation would be signing or not.

I can't see the reason why they would let 13 of them sign a jersey when the other 3 wouldn't or couldn't.

Why not just scrap the idea of the jersey altogether then or come up with something that all number #1's get a limited 1 of 1 special from each club or something ?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

I know i'd feel a bit jipped if i ended up with an unsigned framed jersey displayed with a number 1 card when someone else ends up with a signed jersey.

Personally I'd be feeling pretty stoked to get a framed jersey. Best innovation in years!

I Applaud ESP for this initiative doing something special to show the importance of the #1 card to collectors.
Hardly ESP fault if a greedy Manager wants $$ at the last minute when wheels are in motion.
Framed Jersey signed or not signed huge bonus.

I don't think you can blame ESP for thinking that if they'd engaged a player to sign 150 odd cards that there would be an issue with them signing 1 jersey also.

Good to see ESP trying something different.
Totally agree, just thought that as a professional memorabilia company that they would know or have something in concrete beforehand that all would be signed or not and if they knew that 3 would be wanting an extra fee then just don't have any jerseys signed.

As Graham said, none of them were meant to be signed anyway by the looks of it.

I mean, I see that for consistency reasons people think it should be one way or the other (all signed or not), but realistically if 13 of them can be signed it's better than none right? I would prefer the jersey be a signed one, if I was lucky enough to pull one of these and it happened to be one of the unsigned ones I would not feel hard done by at all, since after all it is an added bonus to get anything on top. We should just be stoked that they are throwing in something extra and that 13 of those will be signed imho.

ESP never communicated that any of them would be signed. Read the release info that was sent out with the promo sheet on page 22 again.

They have done nothing underhand here. I'm sure they set out with all intentions to have all jerseys signed but it just wasn't possible.

Graham. The point I was making was that ESP do not communicate well with the punters and is a general comment not only about the signed jerseys. ESP drip feed their customers and no offence but they communicate to all of us through the moderators of a forum.

Why don't they have someone communicate directly to all of us by posting information themselves. By reading this thread it appears that this information came from Matt in an off the cuff comment. How long has ESP and Matt known? My point was that if we all had a little more visibility on what was happening with the product that we spend so much of our hard earned cash on people would be more likely to overlook the small indescrepancies.

You are right it doesn't say that they would be signed in the release. I think that the reason these things get mixed up is that we all rely on second hand information. If we received official statements from ESP direct it would probably eliminate some of the Chinese whispers that eventually we may take as gospel.

Last edited:
Graham. The point I was making was that ESP do not communicate well with the punters and is a general comment not only about the signed jerseys. ESP drip feed their customers and no offence but they communicate to all of us through the moderators of a forum.

Why don't they have someone communicate directly to all of us by posting information themselves. By reading this thread it appears that this information came from Matt in an off the cuff comment. How long has ESP and Matt known? My point was that if we all had a little more visibility on what was happening with the product that we spend so much of our hard earned cash on people would be more likely to overlook the small indescrepancies.

You are right it doesn't say that they would be signed in the release. I think that the reason these things get mixed up is that we all rely on second hand information. If we received official statements from ESP direct it would probably eliminate some of the Chinese whispers that eventually we may take as gospel.

You summed it up perfectly

I do know that 3 of the players did not sign their jerseys. A specific manager of 3 of the players wanted a huge fee for them to sign a jersey hence why only 13 players will have them signed.

Cheers
Matt

Name and shame? :p

We know that ESP have serious communication issues with their customers, was there by any chance, that they didn't communicate what their intentions were with the signed jersey (making it apart of a special redemption)?

For all the manager knows is that ESP are in the business of making money from players signatures and what not, he probably thought ESP are trying to cash in.

Was signing the jersey apart of the contractual agreement or a 'freebie' if the players/managers chose to do it?

I'm guessing they have different payment structure for cards and jersey's? Maybe that's why he assumed more should be paid to the player?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom