New SYD member (aka One-Nil) but long time collector :)

ONE-NIL

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Waldo
Hi All :)

I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to you all, after joining OZCT earlier this year and also being involved in recent group breaks with G @Cherry.

Back when MJ/Shaq and many other huge superstars of that era were still playing, the Basketball card business and scene was huge in Oz with many card shops operating. I Started off slow buying one or 2 packets at a time as most kids that age.

That all changed when I was 15, as I went with my parents to a gift trade show at darling harbour to purchase stock for there own shop, and walked past a trade stand selling basketball card boxes/cases. My eyes literally lit up at the sight:woot: + the much cheaper prices and could not help myself, so I ordered 1 box and had one hell of a great time busting.

Around the same time my parents started getting a "little" frustrated :red:with the amount of cards I had lol, so I then had the idea to sell "some" of my non PC singles in my parents shop and to their amazement it was a great success and grew very quickly to packets and supplies as well. During this time I also opened a few boxes to keep the singles section of the business going+adding to my PC:cool:.

After more than 10 years off I bought a box late last year and had a great time busting it with a friend who also had many years off. We have probably busted 25+ boxes since august last year and have many others waiting and ready to break, so you could say I am back in the game and possibly slightly addicted:D.

Waldo/One-Nil

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :) and definitely like the forum. I would of become a member years ago lol, if it was around or more so If I knew about it earlier

welcome mate great to see u busting again! Cant wait to see what goodies u have :)
Thanks mate I definitely have had some serious fun busting already :D, and will take me ages to post all mojo, but i hope too eventually.

I thought it would be good to bust boxes I use to collect, so I bought quite a few old school boxes to bring back the memories and newer boxes to get with the times :lol:.

But I have a major major break due to happen this Wednesday, with the word "major" being a huuuuge understatement :cool:.

I bought various low end boxes through to high end boxes with every box break increasing the excitement and stake, with low end busted first and now it's serious business and best left till last:cool:.

Good to see you here, nice write up, often see you on cherry breaks.
Thanks ozballer I have seen u on cherry breaks too, one of the regulars :).. And apart from now I think most of my post have been for cherry breaks :whistle:

Welcome back, there are plenty of addicts...I mean collectors on this site who are keen to help you with your PC!
Thanks telfs I am definitely addicted, no doubt about it :lol:. they say the first step is admitting it haha.

Welcome to this awesome forum, good luck with your chases and busts.:thumbsup:
Thanks mate :), whilst my main focus has always been basketball I have various collection in other sports and non sports, so definitely a good forum to join ;)

Back
Top Bottom