AFL Select Honours 1 Box Giveaway

Thanks for the comp.

my favourite team is the swans, favourite player Tony Lockett and favourite moment was when he kicked his 1300 goal. I was at the game and one of the many the ran on to the field

Favourite Team: Essendon Bombers
Favourite Player: Past: Gavin Wanganeen and James Hird, Current: Jobe Watson and Joe Daniher
Favourite footy monent/s: At the MCG with my Dad, Witnessing as a kid, the Awesomeness of Gary Ablett up against the Bombers where Ablett kicked 14 goals 7 behinds and one of my favourite players (Paul Salmon) kicked 10 goals 6 behinds! Bombers winning in the end! Amazing game to watch
Also, Last Year going to my first ANZAC day match and Essendon smashing Collingwood...as a new member of the Cheer Squad too! best Day! wondering.....how the heck you get 90,000+ people to have the most perfect minute silence ive ever witnessed.....Followed by the louded Crowd cheer ive ever heard!

Favourite Team: St Kilda
Favourite Player: Lenny Hayes - A true champion who always gave his all and who overcame serious injuries to be one of the greatest Saints players ever
Favourite Moment: Nick Riewoldt's mark against Sydney in 2004 running back with the flight, one of the most courageous marks ever

Favourite Team: Swans - The club has such a great culture.
Favourite Player: Barry Hall - Such an exciting player to watch, gave it his all every game with his brute force, and captained the Swans in their 05 premiership victory.
Favourite Moment: The Swans down by 3 points in the semi final when Nick Davis' goals with under 10 seconds left from a near impossible angle against Geelong in 2005 to put the Swans into the preliminary Final where they went on to beat the Saints, and then win the 2005 grand final the next week.

fav team : Sydney swans..
fav player : paul Kelly ( no need to tell you all why , u should all know from previous post ) he was a super star..
would have been awesome if he had of stayed around for a year or 2 longer to play in the 2005 premiership ...

fav Sydney swans moment : PLUGGER kicks it from out side 50 to beat the bombers by a point, to get the swans into the 1996 grandfinal first time back on the big stage for 51 years....

awesome comp and thanx for the chance to win a box of cards...

Thanks for the comp!

I've been an Essendon supporter since my father persuaded me sometime around late 1983/early 1984. Have fond memories of watching and celebrating the 1984 grand final with him. Favourite past players are Leon Baker, Paul Salmon and James Hird. Favourite current player is Dyson Heppell. Young superstar with the greatest silky skills. Such a steal in the draft for the club. Also a fantastically nice bloke, having met him post match one time. Favourite memory would be the infamous fan in the crowd hug by James Hird match against the Eagles. Never have I seen a sole player take complete control over the outcome of a match like I witnessed in person that day.

Favorite Team- Collingwood
Favorite Player-Peter Daicos,words cannot explain some of the goals that were kicked off that boot.

Favorite moment-1981 preliminary final coll v geel my first final i had gone to mum and my grade 6 teacher had lined up at victoria park for tickets and to be there was massive.It was the goal that daicos kicked in the final term that has stuck with me till now and always will,taking a mark on the forward flank in front of nankervis 5 points down he played on and handballed over him and regained posession to elude nankervis and goal on the run to put us up by a point.Now that stand and concrete foundations shook to high heaven and that made the hair on your back stand up.We went on to win by 7 pts with davis kicking the sealer.Remember the paper the next day as it had a snap by snap photo on how diacs got that goal,we do still have that paper The SUN at home with all the other clippings we have collected.

Thank you for the comp gents great to hear from members and their memories.

Favorite Team: Adelaide Crows

Favorite Player : Rory Sloan - His never-say-die attitude and courageous acts on the field never cease to inspire.

Favorite moment; Hearing the final siren blow whilst sitting in the old Olympic stand at the MCG in 1998 as Adelaide Crows score back to back premierships.

Thank you for running such a great competition.

Favourite Team: West Coast Eagles

Favourite Player: In his prime, Chris Judd, but at the moment I'm amazed by Gary Ablett jr. He is on a level above everyone else

Favourite Footy Moment: Eagles vs Cats Round 10 2006. The Eagles down by 54 points in the third quarter and came back to win by 3... and the in the very next round beat Carlton after being down by 44 points!

Wow what an amazingly generous giveaway thankyou very much:

All my life I have been a die hard Hawthorn Fan, from the moment I was born to now I have loved the brown and gold, some moments were hard (2004) but some were amazing (2008 and 2013)

My favourite player doesn't come from the mighty hawks but hopefully he will move here, My favourite AFL player is Gary Ablett. The reaspn for this is that he has been my idol for years and years. I base my game play on him and I have collected his cards from these past years and have enjoyed watching him rack up the possessions and single handedly winning the game for the suns. I hope he keeps on getting better

My favourite AFL moment was when I went to 2013 Grand final and saw my mighty hawkers steal the grand final from the underdog Dockers, I remember the roar of the crowd when Jack Gunston Kicked the first goal, but I will never forget the final siren and the roar of the hawthorn crowd and the sadness in all the freo supporters faces.

Thanks so much for this awesome giveaway I im the lucky winner, thanks again =D>

Thanks for a great competition.

As a Melbourne fan, I'm hoping my best moment is still to come, because the last few years have been pretty dire. Taking my little boy to his first game later this year will be pretty special though.

As much as I love Nathan Jones, the best player to watch in recent years has been Liam Jurrah. He could do things on the football field that nobody else would even dream of. His highlight reel after 9 games in his first year was better than most players get in the entire careers. I just hope he can sort himself out and get back to playing football at any level, because he is too big a talent not to be part of the game at all.

Favorite team for sure has to be The Adelaide Crows

Favorite player(s) are Mark Ricciuto and Sam Mayes. Roo was the captain when I was a young supporter, and was an acting idol in my childhood. Mayes started in my Dreamteam last year and I never seemed to want to get rid of him. Ever since then, I have loved him as a player.

Favorite moment has to be Gary Moorcroft's incredible mark in 2001. Best mark ever in my opinion. If not that, Nick Davis' fourth quarter heroics in the 2005 Semi-Final against the cats.

Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

Last edited:
Hi all, Thanks for this great give away comp, I am not sure if I am too late for an entry...but all the same I will relay some of my favourite moments and players and my best of best moment.

I never got to see Peter Hudson play AFL live, but I did get to see him play live in the TFL (Tassie Football League) for Glenorchy in the late ‘70s. He was just unstoppable! I remember one game where he kicked 18 goals, he marked everything and kicked them from everywhere (with that ugly flat punt kicking style) - with three or four players hanging off him in marking contests.

Other highlights - I remember those amazing marks (or at least some of us getting to the vintage age) – Jezza’s Grand Final mark, many amazing marks from Peter Knights, Trevor Barker, Tony Modra, Gary Ablett snr, Pete Bosustow’s screamer pack mark, Shaun White and Gary Moorcroft goal square marks. I recall those big hits Magro on Jezza, Card on Keith Greig, and Yeates on Brereton. What about those bizarre moments, Jacko Jackson’s antics – just about every game he played, and umpire Peter Carey’s chest mark (late ‘90s Freo at home vs The Saints) – he is probably the only umpire in the history of the game to get a stat!

But my best and most favourite AFL moment was watching Ted Whitten do a lap of honour at the MCG in 1995 a short time before he passed away. It was one of those occasions where it brought the whole football community together. Regardless as to whether you barracked for the Doggies, Freo, the Swannies or other codes for that matter it was just one of those moments where everyone was overawed, it gave me goose bumps and I had a wet feeling on my cheek. Ted helped to bring into the spotlight this insidious disease of prostate cancer and no doubt has saved many people’s lives as a consequence. This is my favourite moment and this is one of the reasons why I believe AFL football is a great game – this moment and larger than life characters like Ted.

Just adding:
My favourite team is Carlton
My favourite player over the years has been Alex Jesaulenko

Cheers all Rick

Last edited:
My Favourite Team is The Gold Coast Suns.

My favourite player is Gary Ablett. He always gives 110% and always puts the team first.

My favourite moment is hopefully still to come as we haven't had the greatest results in our short history, but for now I'd have to go with our first ever home game victory in 2012 against GWS. Was a great moment to finally win a home game and hear the team song play!

Thanks for the great comp and good luck to everyone entered! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Comp:thumbsup:

My Favourite Team Brisbane Lions

My favourite player is Michael Voss loved watching him play and the way he lead the example and tough as nails.

My favourite moment is easily the 2003 Grand Final being at the game to watch my team win there 3rd Flag in a row :)
Happy days not so anymore, lol

My Favorite team: Brisbane Lions

Favorite Player of all time: Jonathon Brown.

My favourite Lions moment was when Ashley McGrath kicked a goal after the siren to win the game for the Lions against Geelong. What was special was it was also McGrath's milestone game, every time I watch the reply of the goal I get goosebumps.

Footscray
Doug Hawkins
In the late 80s and early 90s standing under the scoreboard at the Geelong road end at the western oval watching dougie in the wet and mud running up and down the Doug Hawkins wing oh the good ole days

Favourite team - Adelaide Crows

Favourite player - Taylor Walker

Best footy moment was when the Crows came from 5 goals behind against North (in the last quarter mind you) at Etihad last year and in indigenous round, Petrenko socerred the winning goal through with only seconds to go. Could not believe what I was witnessing!! Amazing!!

Team: collingwood

Moment: Heath shaw smother on nick riewoldt

Player: I will go for a non collingwood player and pick boomer Harvey as he has just played his 301st for my fantasy footy franchise

Back
Top Bottom