Hope it's not true - rumours Topps has lost it's NFL licence ??

Gotta say I'm not a real Topps fan, but if Panini do gain a greater share of the NFL market I'm not too confident that they will maintain their quality and service levels. They already have too many releases with too many inserts and too many parallels, not a good thing IMO.

Would be terrible. Not that I bust wax but no chrome would be a massive blow for the hobby. Im getting to the point where I hate panini. Look at the junk basketball collectors go nuts for.... That's what exclusive licenses do.... Who makes the stickers for panini autos? Better buy some shares in that company

That would be very bad for NFL. I am also a NBA collector and am growing increasingly annoyed with Panini. Since achieving exclusive status their NBA products have been declining in the way of quality year by year. Same would happen to NFL should they gain exclusive rights. No Chrome or Finest just wouldn't be the same. I even like to grab Bowman and Topps jumbo year to year just to score all the base rookies. I suppose it would mean I might save a s$#%load!!

Really would be bad for the collectors I reckon. Without competition Panini could just pump out whatever they like and us collectors have no where else to go. Topps have always been a yearly staple, and I'll be shattered if they should go. If they do, I just hope someone else steps in - Upper Deck again ( with provisos - real relics please !!) as their sets were always done very well and personally I'd love to see Press Pass have an NFL licence.

Sad day for NFL... too much product in the basketball side of thing with Panini.... made me give up my team collection in some ways. Some of their stuff has great designs, but then they ruin it with sticker autos... so I hope Topps gets to stay in the NFL card market.

Yeah, not sounding good...Topps would be left with College or non NFLPA players, and I don't think there's many of them around - even the retired players are usually still members. Not sure if NFL properties can still do something with them though ??

I don't mind the long term deal as such, but the exclusivity is a terrible idea for the hobby. While Topps customer service is woeful, I rate their products higher than most Panini stuff usually..

Oh and had to laugh at this Sports Card News tweet from the National - thought some OCT break members could identify -

Sports Card News @SportsCardNews · 8h
Wow. Confirmed. Panini Hot Rookies Football was an absolute disaster sales wise. Not fun working at Panini right now. That's all I can say.

Topps wouldn't even be able to do college I don't think because Upper Deck has the exclusive licence for that.

Would be terrible. Not that I bust wax but no chrome would be a massive blow for the hobby. Im getting to the point where I hate panini. Look at the junk basketball collectors go nuts for.... That's what exclusive licenses do.... Who makes the stickers for panini autos? Better buy some shares in that company

This exactly. Panini are scumbags and the absolute massive amount of sh1t products pumped out for NBA in 12-13 and now 13-14 is a disgusting joke.
There is probably only 5 solid products amongst the 15-20 last year. And only 2-3 good products out of the 13-14 releases so far.

But the consumers are partly to blame.. people need to stop buying the rubbish. Let the $$$ do the talking.

Hopefully this year 13-14 will be the big wake-up call they need. Panini need to stop treating its consumers like dogs and produce some quality NBA releases.

If they corner the NFl market, I fear for you guys, I really do.

I imagine Topps Chrome, especially superfractors, will boom in price if Topps were not to stop doing Chrome football.

Back
Top Bottom