The Official 2013-14 EPL Season Thread

Giggs could do the job? Like putting me in charge of a space shuttle...he's never been a coach and u think he could coach Man U?

Ryan Giggs is a God and can do anything!

At least the players would put an effort in for him.......maybe not Rooney.....:lol:

If you get the chance - watch the espn 30 for 30 doco on Hillsborough - I've read a lot about the disaster and knew of the injustice of it. But it was great to have it all put together. There is footage that has never been released before by the BBC as far as I know and it's not nice viewing.

Thanks for the tip Al, Will have to watch this.

Apparently its banned in the UK due to the new inquest.

If you get the chance - watch the espn 30 for 30 doco on Hillsborough - I've read a lot about the disaster and knew of the injustice of it. But it was great to have it all put together. There is footage that has never been released before by the BBC as far as I know and it's not nice viewing.

Alistair you beat me to the punch by about half an hour mate :)

I did not take my eyes off that television screen for the full two hours last night. I had read Phil Scraton's "Hillsborough - The Truth" a few years ago but the complexities of gates and pens and numbers made it difficult to actually visualise the logistical and physical chaos that followed the decision to direct fans through the tunnel entrance.

It is certainly uneasy and at times horrid viewing - I am only a short-arse and I can remember feeling claustrophobic in the relatively calm and refined MCG Member's Bar on my one and only visit. To see the Hillsborough tragedy unfold almost in front of my eyes last night had ME yelling "Open the other f**king gate!" and shaking my head. The crush images were graphic and sent chills down my spine.

The extent of the South Yorkshire Police cover-up is something I had read about previously but to see the actual pages and pages of individual "before and after" Police witness statements that had been edited was just....well, I don't have words for it. One of the Police Officers whose statement was "edited" got it right when he described it as "perverting the course of justice".

The documentary screens again on Saturday 26th at 6pm AEST on ESPN.

Didn't know it was banned in the UK...sounds like Duckenfield will be questioned at the latest inquest. His lawyer has already questioned the accuracy of the Hillsborough panel findings. Hope he and that muppet Paul Middup get what's coming. Peter Wright the original head of SYP has died. He was the one who ok'ed all the Police bollocks/cover up. Also hoping the head of the Sun Kelvin McKenzie gets done for libel and also that MP Patnick or whatever his name is gets his as well....
The courage of the families fighting against the establishment is something else....

Basically I hope it all gets sorted out. And to help commemorate the 25th anniversary I hope Liverpool finish 2nd this year.

Luton Town win the conference league by a mile. 1 game to go , come on lads reach the 100 points tally for the year. have to beat the bottom place team (hyde) to do so. GO YOU HATTERS!

Wow.....incredible turn of events in the title race overnight. I think it's Manchester City's for the taking now, although it all hinges on their next match - away to Everton.

If Liverpool, Chelsea and City win their remaining fixtures, City will win it on goal difference.

How many more twists and turns await?

Good defence is the cornerstone of successful teams and Chelsea did EXACTLY what they had to do. Poor Steven Gerrard though......you just couldn't write the bloody script about that happening.

Still, the ball is now in Manchester City's court...

Brendan Rogers blew it last night. He should have played 5 at the back and gone for a 0-0 draw. We didn't need to win that game, 1 point would have been enough to keep us in it. Title is Man City's now, no way Everton plays for a win to hand Liverpool a title if Arsenal win tonight.

This season keeps getting better and better. It's not City's yet. The relegation battle is good too , no team has yet to be relegated.

Some bogan redneck threw a banana at Dani Alves during Barca's win over the weekend.
Alves replied by peeling it and taking a bite.

Brendan Rogers blew it last night. He should have played 5 at the back and gone for a 0-0 draw. We didn't need to win that game, 1 point would have been enough to keep us in it. Title is Man City's now, no way Everton plays for a win to hand Liverpool a title if Arsenal win tonight.
A big HELL YES to this, yet in all the media write ups or chats I've seen it hasn't even been mentioned...a foreign manager gets his tactics wrong they're on it like flies on shit (eg Pellegrini vs Barca at home, Wenger vs most big teams) yet Rogers gets a pass? All they really needed was a draw and they were home and hosed. He KNEW how Jose would set up, exactly like he did vs City away, yet he doesn't change his set up.
Are Liverpool fans going ape over this or is Rogers so loved it isn't mentioned??

It's easy to be an expert after the event. Imagine the outcry if, for the first time in twelve matches, Liverpool had adopted a defensive mindset and still lost. "Why did Rodgers change the game plan?" they'd have screamed.

Even with a draw the reds would still have needed to beat Crystal Palace and at least draw with Newcastle to win the title.

It's easy to be an expert after the event. Imagine the outcry if, for the first time in twelve matches, Liverpool had adopted a defensive mindset and still lost. "Why did Rodgers change the game plan?" they'd have screamed.

Even with a draw the reds would still have needed to beat Crystal Palace and at least draw with Newcastle to win the title.

Fair call but the one he didn't want to happen happened...he has to take some flack for that...

Back
Top Bottom