QLD - 4th May 2014 - Brisbane Table Tennis Centre

Are you going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
APCS ran the showgrounds show last year, same people, just a different event name this year

If there is a representative from ESP at the show I think I will ask the question

Not 100% sure on that but I actually asked the head of ESP trading cards recently and he said you keep it.

If you want his email send me a PM. He had heard that the card has been found so he will be happy to hear from you!

Last years show at the RNA Showgrounds was a Collectormania Event but was run by Sonny of APCS for me as I was not able to make it whilst recovering from surgery. Sonny is no longer connected in any way with Collectormania Fairs. We were due to run a show the week before Sonnys at the BTTA as well but had to cancel due to work commitments. We will be coming back later this year though.

Here we have in Brisbane the Top and Hobby Fair.
I will have 3 tables at this show selling Iphone NRL covers and Samung phone covers on special on the day only $20 each.
Plus also NRL Cookie jars,piggy banks,NRL trading cards,Doctor Who cups & Mugs plus sonicscrew drivers as well.
One of the best things we will have for sale on the day will be the remote control daleks which are good fun(Adults)love them.
All going well we will also have the 1974 Eastern Suburbs pennants all going well it they arrive in time we won’t have to many 5 only but if you come to the show and show your membership we will give you one of theses pennants.As their is only a couple theses will not last long as the show opens at 9am Brisbane time i expect them to be gone by 9:10am.

Last years show at the RNA Showgrounds was a Collectormania Event but was run by Sonny of APCS for me as I was not able to make it whilst recovering from surgery. Sonny is no longer connected in any way with Collectormania Fairs. We were due to run a show the week before Sonnys at the BTTA as well but had to cancel due to work commitments. We will be coming back later this year though.

Ah Lyndsey now you've aired the dirty laundry out in the open :thumbsup:

Now to give people the facts and not a bedtime story that you have been telling people about.

The fact is when we were running events in a 'partnership' the event was always run under Australia's Premier Collectables Show.
I had the infrastructure in place ie a website, payment facilities, public liability and so on, and you had the contacts with the sellers esp die cast.
We would share the expenses and income from the shows.

So I was never working for you and vice versa.

The use of Collectormania was the event name, which was suggested from the days of the newspaper, and we both agreed to use it.

Another fact is you don't and own the trading rights or the original idea.

The breakdown of the partnership was we simply didn't communicate properly, as you had your ideas and I had mine. You wanted your own name and recognition, and money was the also the central issue of the partnership. This is why the partnership developed in the first place, and also caused the breakdown.
Another chapter there right, would you like me to continue on this?

Whatever the issues, I'm sure you'll agree with me that the shows worked successfully for the 3 years that we did run it together esp in Penrith.

Lastly, I had the manager of the table tennis centre call me to tell me he cancelled your April and August events.

As you carried on with the banners, and how you booked in a week before me trying to cut the effectiveness of this event, even though I booked in December and you booked in February knowing full well that this show was on the 4th May.

Now that's all cleared up we can move on with this show and you can move on with yours ... =D>

Last edited:
1 week to go ..

Looking forward to meeting you all the regulars again, and hopefully we meet some new faces too.

Sonny this is not the place to air dirty laundry I agree with you there but as you wish to state 'facts' I will state a few as well. Yes we had a partnership but the Penrith Collectormania was always my idea as I had been doing toy shows for many years and you were doing Trading Card only shows. You were trying to get toy people along to your shows and I suggested you join me in the new Penrith show as I needed help with financial backing to start it up and you knew more about running the website and emails than I did. Unfortunately over the 3 years we ran the show together I felt there was an unfair share of the workload as at every show you remained behind your own tables as a dealer whilst I did the door admissions, ran around talking to the dealers and sorting out any problems. I also was the one who did the brochure distribution to shops,clubs and other shows and organizes the print advertising which you didn't want to do originally because of the costs. Most of the dealers to date still don't know who you are and many comment on the fact that they thought I was the only one working the event. There is more to running the show than just running the website and sending emails, you have to work the actual show as well. The final straw was at last Octobers show at Penrith when you stuffed up the tables and floor plan and gave away prebooked tables , a problem which left a number of dealers very unhappy and which I had to sort out. When I dissolved our partnership I said I was prepared to help you by promoting your shows as well as mine but you decided to book shows at locations you knew I was using and even misled dealers in the beginning by telling them I was no longer running the shows and my march Penrith had been cancelled and moved to your February date. I have a copy of this email which was forwarded to me by a number of dealers who were unhappy about this misinformation. As for the Brisbane site I was the one who recommended this location and you knew I was doing my show in April. Yes you booked the venue before me but you knew I was using it as well. I unfortunately had to cancel due to work commitments these things happen, it was nothing at all to do with your show, in fact I actually told some of the people who had booked with me about your show. I have not cancelled the August event in Brisbane, I am only changing the date. As for my "deliberate" booking of Brisbane to happen before your show what about your booking of Penrith and Canberra a few weeks before mine. Canberra once again was a venue of my suggestion but I decided to stay at EPIC Showground as I negotiated a much better rate . No wonder you wanted my dates and venues "so we would not clash".
There is room for both of us to run shows in our areas so I would suggest you run your shows and I'll run mine. You are ACPS and I am Collectormania Fairs. Let the public and dealers decide which shows they will go to and support.

Fair enough Lyndsey but you were never running toy shows you were attending them a seller not as an event organiser.

You can tell people why you didn't have tables at the show? Something to do with all your stock been locked up in storage cause of unpaid bills. Your sponsor actually bailed you out did they not?

Yes I stuffed up the floor plan of the last Penrith show but I gave up my area to accommodate them so nothing was lost to them. They have still sold at the last 2 shows. You made mistakes, but couldn't find a solution, and to this day several of the dealers don't want nothing to do with you.

Since October show we have spoken only twice (at parramatta and burwood) so how would I know what your show schedule looked like. All the other venues have been suggested by other sellers, attendees, online comments or whilst on travels.

As for the March show I originally had that booked for the 23rd March as I got all the flyers printed for that. I showed you at the parramatta fair in november and you said "i have booked my own shows and will run my own shows from now on, sorry". That date was booked in as I was trying to do something with the baseball opening season. I took a gamble and when those plans fell through I had to move the date earlier so not to conflict with your show in March. That is where the misunderstanding may have have happened, and I am sorry if that came across like I was trying to 'steal' people from your show.

To this date I have never discouraged anyone not to participate at your shows and I never will.

In fact I've sold at 2 of your shows, and how many of my shows have you supported?

Anyway you can feel free to reply and then that's it from me ... I will probably see you at your Penrith show in July (up to you of course)

Lyndsey, I have supported your shows and will continue to in future as I do Sonnys. I don't know why you would discuss this on this forum. With or without your involvement, last years shows face was Sonny and APCS in my opinion. I booked my spot at the May 4th Brisbane APCS show long before I knew you were planning any. Hence my inability to get to both. The hobby shouldn't be involved in the spat you 2 have. It's not a good look on either you. More so you for entering Sonnys forum. Sort it out in private please.

www.jajascollectables.com will be at the 4th of May Fair with a vast array of ESP products, AFL, non sport and us sport cards. We will also have some pop culture products and the limited edition Brothers in Arms parallel card. Visit our website for more information.

Hope to see you there!

0.00001 4b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom