Celebrating #9000 posts - WIN FREE SP authentic packs for goodfeel stories from OCT -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your sweet stats!
My feel good story would be that I was a collector when I was in high school through to about 95-96. Then as friends left school I started to drop off in my collecting without people to share the joy of hits with. I lost about 5k base and minor inserts when my folks chucked them out but I always retained 2 folders of 100+ jordan cards and another 90s stars which I always liked to get out and go through every few years. I found this website and joined and suddenly had people interested in sharing the joys of hits and I have been completely rejuvenated. In speaking to people like Grayson from Cherry Collectibles he turned me onto group breaks and I have participated in 2 random team breaks so far with a 3rd coming up in the next month or so. The excitement of not only getting hits from mid-high end card sets but also not knowing what team you will end up with has been awesome. I have been lucky so far with only having 3 spots in the 2 breaks but hitting a couple of RPA from 2012-13 Immaculate has been a great and a 2013-14 Prizm Dragic auto refractor /25 was an excellent hit. I now can't wait for my second mailday and I will be posting photos straight away and I love reading the love from everyone on the site congratulating you on hits. It's good to have people to share the joy of this hobby no matter how far you are away from people.

Sorry for not getting onto this one sooner but work and family comes first. I will have some spare time in a couple of days to pick a few winners and then a live bust will take place once they have been chosen

Lol I just relised that I used to own this card as I remember the Ewing patch on it.
Maybe traded or sold to someone which I guess made its way to Terry and kept moving, she gets around haha

So many great deals and pick ups from this site!

This was the first card I ever picked up on here so it was definitely a highlight

Probably helps that I picked it up from you Terry when you were still collectorGALLORE and hadn't started living the dream and becoming A1

Let me regale you with my greatest OZCT trader;

I went to a card shop in the city with my wife, wanting to buy a box. This was the first time I'd taken my wife to the card shop and so asked her what I should buy. She pointed out a box of 2006-07 E-X box that she said "felt like there was something good in it."

We got home that night and started opening the packs, she loves opening the packs and seeing my reactions when she pulls something special. She opened one packet and knew she pulled something amazing. She slowly revealed it to me asking "Is this any good?"

What does she have in her hand? The card that is, still, my greatest pull ever. It was a 2006-07 E-X Behind The Numbers Autograph of the King...LEBRON JAMES! Plus it was only numbered to /23! I was over the moon and couldn't believe our luck at pulling such a card.

It is the one card I will never trade or sell and now sits comfortably in my sig picture. Every time I go on this site I'm reminded of that day and makes me love my wife even more! :)

My best experience on here was just finding the site full stop! I live in a pretty small country town and i didnt know anyone else who collected cards after they died off in the 90's. Finding this site was a blessing for the PC but a burden to the wallet.

First dealings on here was with a local Townsville lad @mattyeah. Such a great bloke and was so easy to deal with. Made me comfortable in pursuing more dealings on this awesome website!

Hey! Nice to meet you all i don't have any feel good story's. I just remeber all the cards i used to have as a kid and want them back if that makes sence!!. I'm looking to make many of good memory's with now my new friends. Happy hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom