Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Storm

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • One point each

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
I dont think you could really call it a blown call!

Ending the game after 80 minutes seems pretty fundamental.

I'm just having fun with the Saints fans. Storm fans keeping suspiciously quiet.

I wonder if Melbourne have two book of feuds? And which one will this go in to?

I dont think you could really call it a blown call!

Ending the game after 80 minutes seems pretty fundamental.

Exactly, this isn't a bad call by a ref, it's basic timekeeping!

Everything between the ref blowing time on and the final siren sounding is open to a bad decision here and there, but actually ending the game when it's supposed to end is a whole different kettle of fish. It's not a ref's decision, it's when the siren sounds, end of.

It's not a "ref's decision" that they can get wrong.

I was at the game and enjoyed the full eighty minutes!!! great finish and don't begrudge the Storm winning. Even though I copped heaps being one of the few at the ground wearing a red v (still proudly). The real and constant problem with the NRL is the total incompetence of the officials. Surely at this professional level they must suffer some form of reprimand and introduce more systems to ensure these constant, incompetent, game changing decisions don't decide the outcome of games.

Not to be flippant, but finding out that the match clock and TV clock isn't in sync…well, LOL@NRL. What a shemozzle of their own making.

And some of the ref interpretations are hilarious at best. Week in, week out - hell, game to game over a weekend, even on the same night - there are glaring inconsistencies.

Someone's head should roll.

If we leave it a few weeks, it'll be Price's. ;-)

As a Dragon's fan, I say, tough luck, points to Melbourne. They were def robbed, but if you are up 14 points late in the game, you shouldn't be blowing the lead, even on a controversial try. That defence at the end was terrible. I guess it's easier for me to accept, because my AFL side are reigning premiers and playing well this year, so I am not living as much on how the Dragons fair, but still - total diff circumstances to sirengate in the AFL, cannot really be compared I don't think.

The difference is , get on with it. My mighty Broncos have lost 2 weeks in a row when they had good leads but within the last few minutes they have leaked points to end up losing and it was not because they got bad calls its because they just keep on letting in late trys?. Like the others have already said , the Dragons should not have let it get to that stage where they were defending in the dying seconds to lose the match. With the lead they had it should never have even got close to this point so i really think the Storm deserve there win.

I was at the game and thought it was play on, but i am a storm supporter.
But watching the replay i can see that it was the wrong call but i dont think the result should change, thats just footy refs cant get it right all the time
otherwise we wouldn't have lost against the titans in a wrong last minute penalty last week.
Just gotta cop it and move on.
The Afl one im pretty sure was nearly 20 seconds after the siren so there is a big difference between both.

Also the difference in what can and cannot be done after the siren in the two codes is what seperates the two incidents. I'm a Dragons fan saying, tough bikkies.... sucs, but maybe some good will come of it.

Its not Melbourne's fault that the refs and NRL stuffed up. Bad luck for the Dragons I say.
as a mad saints supporter, I have to give the chocolates to storm, as they played to the final whistle and that is what you are taught from under 7's.
Dragons have to learn how to put their feet on there oponents and squeeze.

Last edited:
Also the difference in what can and cannot be done after the siren in the two codes is what seperates the two incidents. I'm a Dragons fan saying, tough bikkies.... sucs, but maybe some good will come of it.
I agree, I have seen the highlights, no thanks to another lacklustre effort from channel 9/gem not showing their proposed programmes AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN...........
I am so pissed off with them even ringing them does not help as they say we make more money showing the same repeat of big bang theory 10 times then keeping their viewers happy as 100s of people in Adelaide seem to agree with me.
Go jack your station up your chocolate starfish. I am know going to watch channel seven.

Lets just get on with it as every team over the years have had their fair share of both good and bad.
I bet the Cowboys are starting to wonder when they will get their fair share of good decisions.

I think someone already touched on it. But when you pay your money to watch a game you go wanting to see the best team win (preferably your team). Not see the refs making a terrible call in determining the winning team. Until the refs lift their ability to match the players crowds will remain low.

That's a fair enough call as the Cowboys sould feel robbed both from the forward pass then the try. But I can't see how it was the refs mistake as the video ref should be the one that's accounted for this time?

That's a fair enough call as the Cowboys sould feel robbed both from the forward pass then the try. But I can't see how it was the refs mistake as the video ref should be the one that's accounted for this time?
Well the onfield ref missed the forward pass and forward passes can't be ruled on by by the video ref and the video ref is a ref. I was encompassing them all in the one comment.

Across the board, the refs are terrible. The video refs worse still.

Games are being seriously impacted by poor decisions.

I liked having a laugh about the Dragons losing, but when you look over the seven rounds thus far, how many horrible mistakes do they make? I had to laugh, saw a bit of the U20s yesterday, and they have captain's challenge, but they don't in first grade. I just don't get why not.

saw a bit of the U20s yesterday, and they have captain's challenge, but they don't in first grade. I just don't get why not.
Do they have the video ref in U20s or just captain's challenge?

Don't know how the Captain's challenge works but on a poor decision by the video ref would you be able to make a captain's challenge as would it just be reviewed by himself?

Back
Top Bottom