SigPig banned from Parra Stadium

Players should just personalise the cards, will fix the problem quick smart...

It might end up like on Futurama when Leela became a famous blernsball player:

Girl:
Will you sign my magazine?

Leela
: Aw! Sure thing, sweetie. Who should I make it out to?

Girl:Well, uh ... to eBay?

Leela: That's a popular name today. Little "e" big "B"?

I don't believe paying for sigs is the way to go especially if you are a member of that club.

If the NRL or clubs don't want someone getting bulk signatures (and this seems to be the way they are going) then i think something like an NRL supporters membership would be a good idea.

You could pay say $25 a year and get a photo ID card.

You could go to any club signing but must have your photo ID with you and be limited to 5 signatures.

Simple, no membership card, no signature.

All the NRL supporters membership money for the year could then be put into junior and or country rugby league where it is needed.

All clubs to be aware of the scheme and where the money is being used.

I think all players would then be happy to sign.

I personally dont want to be paying for individual sigs as i couldnt afford too. Certainly happy for some kind of small annual fee to a collectors assoiation ect. I think we def need to name n shame the pigs but i think we also need to be recignisable as simple collectors. Becumming a club member and going to members events are great but limits you to one club, or a few if in nsw. For team collectors thats fine but im a base set collcter mainly and take great pride in every sig i can get, once again only ever giving 1 or sumtimes 2 cards. I dont have the answers but would surely like to help.

How do we work towards a common goal with so many ideas and input on one thread? Some agree with this and some agree with that. Do we start different threads for individual ideas and perhaps come up with a few solutions to put forward?

Common sense would be for players to only sign one item per person.

I would like to see somebody make a living off IP signatures if that rule was in place.

Common sense would be for players to only sign one item per person.

I would like to see somebody make a living off IP signatures if that rule was in place.
I think 2 or 3 different things is ok considering how many different cards players get each year lol.
It's when people are getting a few of the same cards signed over and over again when it becomes a problem :(

You could pay say $25 a year and get a photo ID card.

You could go to any club signing but must have your photo ID with you and be limited to 5 signatures.

Simple, no membership card, no signature.

The cheapest Dragons membership is $79 and at their signing day last year members were limited to one signature per player.

The cheapest Dragons membership is $79 and at their signing day last year members were limited to one signature per player.
The annoying thing at that day was I still seen known sellers getting more then one thing signed an meanwhile myself and other collectors and not to mention poor Dragons fans where deciding which one thing we would get the players to sign. Some of the sellers have no shame

I think 2 or 3 different things is ok considering how many different cards players get each year lol.
It's when people are getting a few of the same cards signed over and over again when it becomes a problem :(

Actually that is a point, I wonder how much the sheer number of released cards under ESP is exascerbating the problem. Instead of 3-4 cards per player under Select, we are now getting 7-10 cards per player per year. I know for me getting cards signed in NZ is hard now. I collect master sets of IPs and if a team only makes it here once every couple of years it leaves me needing to get 10-15 cards of each player signed in a one-off opportunity. However, they seem much happier to do it over here.

Actually that is a point, I wonder how much the sheer number of released cards under ESP is exascerbating the problem. Instead of 3-4 cards per player under Select, we are now getting 7-10 cards per player per year. I know for me getting cards signed in NZ is hard now. I collect master sets of IPs and if a team only makes it here once every couple of years it leaves me needing to get 10-15 cards of each player signed in a one-off opportunity. However, they seem much happier to do it over here.

I was wonder that myself when looking through my Raiders cards for this year. Terry Campese for example already has

- Traders common
- Traders parallel
- Traders Black Parallel
- Heritage Round
- Galactic foil
- Galactic 3D
- Power Play common

That's 7 cards in two sets with more to come.

I was wonder that myself when looking through my Raiders cards for this year. Terry Campese for example already has

- Traders common
- Traders parallel
- Traders Black Parallel
- Heritage Round
- Galactic foil
- Galactic 3D
- Power Play common

That's 7 cards in two sets with more to come.
Yeah I know what you mean there. Plus for me I like to get two of the commons of Raiders cards as one goes in that years album and one in my Raiders album. We don't make it easy on ourselves when us collectors become addicted to this collecting lol

"Ennis" was at the game tonight Saints v Warriors, he was inside the ground, paid to get in, but surprisingly he was not there after the game getting signatures, maybe got there early and got some...
I think he has some free pass that gets him into the grounds. I seen him pestering players but then leave before game started. Probably went over to get Sharks and Roosters before that game

Back
Top Bottom